Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
0lli
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I have been fairly happy with my Arlo system + 5 Arlo Pro Security Cameras, except, when Netgear decided to make a new firmware update available, which broke pretty much everything.

So what's the issue?

- My VMB4000 Arlo Hub is trying to download the latest firmware update from netgear, but it fails to do so. I have had "ZERO" issues until the firmware update was released, and now the VMB4000 hub is stuck in a loop, trying to get this latest firmware update. I've tried powercycling, disconnecting from the network (internet), etc. etc. but it won't stop, and becuase Netgear is trying to ENFORCE this update (doesn't give the end user a choice), it makes my security system UNUSEABLE and turns it into a brick!

@netgear, now what?

Cheers,

0lli

37 REPLIES 37
HappyC
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did it update overnight when automatic updates are pushed?

HappyC
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it didn't update 😕
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A power cycle of the base may be needed. If that doesn't help, I'd suggest a whole system reset and start fresh.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  When completed, any firmware updates should be automatically offered.

0lli
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Considering what I have been through JUST to get that firmware update to install, I would go ahead and request from Netgear Support a RMA VMB4000 Base Station unit, to replace the one you have. You'll start banging your head against the wall, and it's NOT worth it.

Get a RMA unit, trust me on this one.

- 0lli

HappyC
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does offer the updates, and I can only describe the same things as others. It acts like its updating, but then doesn't and offers it again. I can try doing the reset all again but I have done the same things recommended on other threads..... I'll try it again. Thx
0lli
Guide
Guide

@HappyC get the RMA unit.

I had the firmware updates show up as well, and as you might have seen on this message thread, I tried EVERYTHING, but nothing worked.

Well, good luck!

0lli

HappyC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I read all your posts, and am having the same issue, thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure I have the level of patience and will return the unit if it doesn't resolve soon 🙂
0lli
Guide
Guide
Hey,
I would be the last one on this planet, trying to convince you to keep the Arlo system., but when it works, it’s incredible..

0lli
HappyC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes but it needs to work for me 🙂 in order for it to be Rockstar
0lli
Guide
Guide

Ok, here is the "not paid for" Arlo Cheerleader!

RMA - RMA - RMA - get the -> RMA - RMA - RMA!

- 0lli

HappyC
Aspirant
Aspirant
One other thing, I have the plug icon showing where the battery normally is and the cameras aren't plugged in and still no update success 😕
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not clear to me that you've performed a reset, just a restart/power cycle. Have you reset as posted earlier here? If so, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.