Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo App asks me to log in EVERYTIME I open App. Even if I use it, close app, click on App it says I need to log in session expired.
Will not give alerts, will not record, will not turn on lights.

I have uninstalled twice, even deleted all cams, lights, base, everything and it asks EVERYTIME I open app to log in.
Had my Arlo for 5 days now. My Blink system works great, why is Arlo giving problem?

Arlo Android App version 2.9.2_25930
Using LG Stylo 5 (wifi and LTE)
Using Xfinity 1TB speed wifi

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JJ37384,

Does someone else also have access to your account? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

Nerkguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem that started this way, now as of this morning it will not allow me to login at all when on wifi only when using cellular. Tbis makes no sense. I called customer service twice and got no good assistance - was fold my wifi signal strength is too low😂 well, I have full bars because I am sitting next to the router! They had no idea! Other apps work great so it must be this app because I can get in just fine on my daughter's phone. Not happy!
Nerkguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Last week after installing new app I started getting logged out frequently. Then today I was unable to log into Arlo at all. I tells me it's timed out or unable to contact servers. This only occurs with WiFi, it works fine with mobile data. Arlo works fine on my daughter's phone and my laptop. I have a Google Pixel XL phone. Customer Support has been very lacking in knowledge the two times I have spoken to them - putting me on hold multiple times and having me do the same things over and over each time I call. I understand they are new and learning, but I spent over 5 hours on this today and got nowhere! This is what Arlo is proving as customer service? WOW!
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Keeps logging me out saying logged out due to being logged in by another account. I'm the only one with this app, only my phone has app, no one has my log in info, no one has my email address. Someone at Arlo must be hacking my account and spying on my cameras. My other camera system (Blink) never logs me out, never gives a problem. So it's obvious Arlo is logging in to my account and it's causing my app to log out. Sad you spend $300 plus for something that don't work. I suggest everybody go to Blink I have no issues and they gave tech support. I've called tech support at Arlo and they read a script that has nothing to do with this problem and says same crap.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Nerkguy and JJ37384,

You mentioned about contacting the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather information from you.

rdynek
Aspirant
Aspirant
This crap happens all the time. I use it to know when customers are in the showroom. Usually it just logs itself out and only way I know someone is there is they call the business phone number to let me know they are standing right in front of my cameras.. absolute fail and embarrassing to me but Arlo ends looking like the biggest asses seeing they claimed they work
rdynek
Aspirant
Aspirant
This crap happens all the time. I use it to know when customers are in the showroom. Usually it just logs itself out and only way I know someone is there is they call the business phone number to let me know they are standing right in front of my cameras.. absolute fail and embarrassing to me but Arlo ends looking like the biggest asses seeing they claimed they work
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rdynek,

What Android phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

Ishizu2012
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Sir,
I have changed the below settings for the unknown logout problem.
Please update Android OS or apply security patch before the settings.

Samsung device >> Settings>Apps>Arlo
   a. Mobile data>Allow background data usage
   b. Mobile data>Allow app with Data saver on
   c. Battery>Optimize battery usage>Not optimized
   d. Notifications>Allowed all (App icon badges, Always Listening, Geofencing is enabled, Notifications, my_channel)
   e. Permissions>Allowed all (Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone, Storage)
   f. Appear on top>Allowed
   g. Change system settings>Allowed
   (h. Autostart ON for Arlo app [other devices])

Please allow Arlo app if security soft has been installed. It would try to stop Arlo app in background.
Thank you so much.