Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
burdetrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like a lot of Arlo users, I had issues with the "No AC Power" error message. I have just updated the Android App as recommended and it did solve the issue and my Arlo Pro system was working fine... for a couple of hours... Now, I can't get live video from any of my Arlo Pro wireless cameras (I have 6). I am able to access the settings and check the battery charge and the other settings but i can't get the live video. I have exactly the same issue with the web portal. I tried to update the app on my wife's phone and I got the exact same issue plus I noted that the name for each camera was different on my wife's phone...

Before updating the App, I charged all the batteries for all my cameras and noted that they were draining faster than usual (about 12% in less than 24 hours). 

When the system is armed, I don't receive any notification and it looks like the cameras are not activated as they won't detect anything.

Does anyone else have the same issues? I went from a system that was working fine a couple days ago to a total disaster... I have to say that this is really annoying as this is not a cheap system...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
burdetrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was experiencing the issue with both the app and the web portal. I ended up rebooting the Arlo Base station several times and now it seems to work again (both on the app and the web portal). Hopefully it will stay this way.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dcfox1
Master
Master

Since you have the same problem on web and it's probably not the app update. Have you tried any trouble shooting steps with the system for someone to help further. 

burdetrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did reset the base and reinstall the cameras. Still the same issue. Other than that, I don't know what else to do. I am looking through the different posts to see if someone has a similar issue but nothing so far. I found interesting that my issues started with the previous app update...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi burdertrs,

Are you also experiencing this issue when viewing the live stream through the web client on your computer?

alisterr
Guide
Guide
Looks like their latest Android app update was poorly regression tested (no change there). My cameras are now complaining about lack of AC power for activity zones. Some of the cameras are battery-only anyway (so don't support activity zones). The one that's powered doesn't have any activity zones set anyway. So poor.
burdetrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was experiencing the issue with both the app and the web portal. I ended up rebooting the Arlo Base station several times and now it seems to work again (both on the app and the web portal). Hopefully it will stay this way.

alisterr
Guide
Guide
Not at all aimed at you and glad your system is fine now. But...if I was given a Euro each time an Arlo base station reboot/resync was presented as the solution to yet another engineering cockup from this company, I'd have enough to buy a proper replacement.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@alisterr wrote:
Not at all aimed at you and glad your system is fine now. But...if I was given a Euro each time an Arlo base station reboot/resync was presented as the solution to yet another engineering cockup from this company, I'd have enough to buy a proper replacement.

You are lucky you never had to reboot a computer or electronic device to correct a glitch. 

alisterr
Guide
Guide

I think you might be confusing a desktop operating system with a fully self-contained embedded security system.  Easily done.  I've written firmware for a bunch of embedded systems (alarms, location tracking, aero, etc.) over many years.  I'm aware of what's reasonable to expect and what isn't.  The Arlo system (when it works) is good.  It's just either poorly-engineered or the release process is inadequate, so it's much more fragile than it should be.