Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
casedietz
Tutor
Tutor

First off, I can't get the app to work. Half the time while setting the cameras up it was saying I was offline...but when I would log in on the desktop it would work. The base showed connected the whole time.

Now everything is saying I'm off line. Our internet is working fine. I'm not at the locaiton but I'm 99% sure everything is still working...why is it saying offline???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Click Settings --> My Devices --> Base (the top one) -->  Scroll down --> Restart... from here don't close the App.. just let it finish until everything comes back on.. It's about 1-2 minutes or less..

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
This may be a bug.. i notice it too since this latest update using iOS.. if this also happening in Android then this might be Server issues?? When i do encounter this, i just exit the App and go back in again and all back to normal.. Hope yours too, else you may have a different problem.. Goodluck!
casedietz
Tutor
Tutor

Ooookay. Is this a joke? Has anybody else had issues with customer service??? 

I installed cameras Friday. All day it said that the cameras were not connected on the app, but when I logged in online it was fine. Also the green lights stayed green & there was no internet down time. 

Nothing recorded that day, even though I set it to armed.

That night after leaving, the same issues: Showed that it wasn't connected but still no downtime on the internet.

Saturday morning from 9-10 it alerted us of movement so I thought it was working. But after that it began to stop working again and say "disconnected again"...This was for 80% of the day. Also stopped alerting me of any movement.

Same thing yesterday: 9-10AM it alerted me. Worked on and off (mostly off) yesterday when trying to live stream. Again, no downtime with our internet, so it wasn't that even though it said it was. Last night I had a suspicious person and cops outside the driveway and the camera DIDN'T EVEN ALERT ME! SO frustrated...why even have a camera?!

I tried to call support this morning - WHAT. A. JOKE. The guy was obviously reading a prompt. I knew more about the cameras from three days of using them than he did. Asked to speak to someone else and/or a manager and he refused to transfer me. Then learned they outsource their support to the Phillippines. Niiiiice. Way to go Netgear! Terrible customer service. Thinking about returning the cameras becasue I'm not down to spend all this money on them, only to not be helped and have them work 20% of the time. 

This is my last ditch effort. Can anyone else help me?? Has anyone had this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

casedietz,

Without being at the location, it may be difficult to know if the base station has lost internet connection or not. Do you have any way of checking to make sure the internet is not down at the location? It could be an issue with power, the router the base station is connected to, etc.

The first step would be finding out what the LED behavior is on the base station (unlit or amber internet LED would indicate an issue).

JamesC

casedietz
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC,

So I've been able to confirm that it is not our internet! The internet has not been down at all. The base is plugged into the same outlet as the router with a battery backup, so it's not our power...unless there is an issue with the power cord from arlo. I asked my IT guy to update the router. I believe he switched it's channels and changed the MTU size of the internet (no clue what this means, but that's what was said).  And we're still having a problem! Yesterday morning it worked almost perfect. and then was donezo. 

Won't work on the iphone. Works maybe 10% of the time. And won't record anything either. There was cops outside my driveway the other day and I only knew from live streaming, didn't alert me. 

The most aggravating part is that when I log in on the computer, it works usually. But it still won't record it! I don't get it. I just want it to record the motion, even if it's on the computer and I can't access from the Iphone.

So frusturating.

But yes, in regards to the LED lights, they show all connected.

casedietz
Tutor
Tutor

Also, JamesC,

When I look on my Iphone app, it says I'm offline (my base). Green lights are all on. When Logging in online, it says I'm armed.

Why won't it record online only??? If it's online? It won't record if the app doesn't work?

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

When I look on my Iphone app, it says I'm offline (my base). Green lights are all on. When Logging in online, it says I'm armed.

Why won't it record online only??? If it's online? It won't record if the app doesn't work?

Have you tried restarting/rebooting the Base from your iPhone App? Sometimes it does the trick to make a proper connection.. I been doing this habit recently since one of my Cameras going Offline when opening the App and not coming on.. It may be a Server issues or App?? .. Who knows.. We'll just have to wait for a fix.. If your issues still exist, It may be your system is faulty.. In that case, get in touch with Netgear Support below or Return it to where you bought it from if you can..

casedietz
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JPC! I appreciate your help.

How do you restart from iphone app? haven't figured that out. 

Thx again!

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Click Settings --> My Devices --> Base (the top one) -->  Scroll down --> Restart... from here don't close the App.. just let it finish until everything comes back on.. It's about 1-2 minutes or less..

casedietz
Tutor
Tutor

You're awesome! Thanks for the help!!

cgteer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I go to devices to restart the base, and the restart button is dithered out?! I have left home, my internet was working fine when we left, but didn't check the cameras unfortunealty..
How do I get the restart button to work to be able to restart the base?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cgteer,

If the restart button is grayed out that means the base cannot communicate with the servers. Physical intervention will be needed to reboot the base station.

This could occur from a power or internet outage, do you have any way of verifying if either has occurred at your location?

JamesC

cgteer
Aspirant
Aspirant

The internet was working when we left and when we got home, so I can't see how it was an outtage.  There was no power outage at our home as our home alarm system will notify us if there is, and all the clocks were fine😉  I've been noticing now that we've put the base unit out where we can see it, that the middle light on the base has been flickering, doesn't go offline, but every once in awhile it just flickers for a few seconds.  Our modem is about 6 years old, could we need a new one?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED flickering is a new feature.  It will do so when accessing the servers, such as when recording.

I doubt the modem needs replacing if everything else is working ok.

Wgeoffrey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just this afternoon I can't access my cameras. It is saying this divice is offline. But in fact is not off line. I have two cameras and bouth are in same situation. I tried to restart the base and remove and re-add cameras. But none of these  is working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try both the app and a browser to verify it's not a device issue?

Wgeoffrey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, tried both. Surprisingly this morning cameras are working but I didn't do anything.