Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I know there's a topic with low speaker volume coming out of the Pro. Can someone confirm that it can be used to communicate with someone at the front door like the Ring for example.
63 REPLIES 63
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the volume is turned up in Settings, My Devices, your camera.  Also, what devices are you using to speak to the person? On a computer you may be able to turn mic gain up to help with the volume.

Larc4
Star
Star

I still have very low volume.

Has anyone else resolved the issue on their cameras??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Larc4,

What device are you using for the push to talk feature? Do you have low volume when using both the mobile app and web client?

If using the mobile app, do you have the latest app version installed?

JamesC

BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I called customer support and they sent me to a totally clueless lady in the Philippines they kept us safe huh huh huh.. I told her she obviously did know what I was trying to ask and I wanted to speak to it take that should hear the United States for a brief moment the other day it actually work where I could hear them talking to me and they could hear me they could always hear me but when I released the butt then I could barely hear them unless I take it totally off the speaker setting that I could hear them 5 but then I have to go back in the speaker said a wait a few seconds and then press to talk then in order for me to hear that I have to take it off the speaker setting and do the process over again which is very time consuming. I think Arlo bed this to work like a walkie talkie I do my best work this way at work flawlessly I think this is just an update that all of these to work on to get rectified other than that I'm very happy with the cameras I just would like some feedback from someone that knows what they're talking about, I get more training for the techs in the Philippines.... because other than having a voice on the other end they are totally clueless to what's going on
Larc4
Star
Star
I'm hoping it will be fixed soon...and that it CAN be fixed!
I have only one more week to decide if I am keeping these or returning them to the store. I chose these because of the speaker ability, and it's not working yet.
Also not working is the setting for the cameras to record only while motion continues, instead of setting a length of recording time. Since I'm having to set a recording time, I'm using a LOT of battery and having to recharge cameras.
Anyone know when this will be fixed?
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I am not sure if it is a flaw in your system but if you go to settings and set the motion down to about 30% it won't go off as much as if it is already pre-set for 80% motion.. there is one camera that I have set all the way down to about 2% motion just because I have cats that go by my yard and set it off all the time hopefully this will help but I agree on the speaker issue I know it's an ongoing problem I should be able to push to talk and released to listen and you can barely hear it and I have an Android Samsung S7 phone which is a new phone
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I was just at Discount Torres,and I have my bose ear piece in (blutooth) I went on Arlo to talk to my bird and noticed the feature works and I can hear everything while it's on Bluetooth Bluetooth off to listen on my phone I couldn't hear anything so that tells me it doesn't work for some reason it's not working on cell phones but it worked flawlessly on my Bluetooth and I could hear everything she was saying the other end
ruthroche
Tutor
Tutor

It's been a month+ of trying all kinds of things and I'm done....The feature plainly does not work.  If I'm not made aware of an effort by NetGear via email to fix this with an ETA to resolve by end of month I will consider this FALSE ADVERTISING and i will proceed to report this to the BBB and NH Attorney General.  Many people are having the same issue [aka. speaker volume when using a smart phone is too low to hear].  This is the very reason I purchased this brand/model.  

BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I would totally agree with you because that is how they are marketing their product and the nest work perfectly but didn't do everything I wanted it to do like the Arlo would. And I agree with you they should at least email you or being some kind of communication letting you know they are aware of the problem and are working on it leaving you in the dark is no way to treat customers. Certainly putting into the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney General will usually get their attention especially if they're not taken care of consumers
Larc4
Star
Star
Bigdaddy
On mine, I can hear the audio great. Really loud. I can't talk to someone through them, it's barely a whisper
Larc4
Star
Star
Bigdaddy...It's not a flaw in my system. I was talking with others who had the same issue. They said they were told the option was going to removed until it's fixed, and they were right, the option to record "only while there is motion" is gone. I have to set the length of time I want each event to record. So I'm sometimes recording when nothing is happening, or it cuts off and misses when the action goes longer than I have set to record. Looking forward to that being fixed, as well as speaker volume
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I just looked at my sister and I guess you're right it doesn't have record only when there is motion but it does have the ability to record and it puts a certain length of time I guess I didn't realize there was a function to record only when there is motion. I guess I didn't realize that, because mine only record when there is motion. Have you contacted Arlo what is a response on that let me guess they're working on it laughing out loud
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I meant to say I was looking at my system, not my sister..lol
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
And I was sure all the audio issue you have got on and put a hundred percent of the volume mic and speaker issue correct? If you did that then there's nothing else I can think of
Area71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought yesterday. Tested all functions and worked fine except the speaker. No sound output from camera.
During setup I got firmware in both base and camera so I assume issue is still not fixed?
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
Yes it is still a non-issue but you should try this and let me know if it works for you I know it did for me I used a Bluetooth earbud that I use when I'm driving and when I work the app I can hear it perfectly and they could hear me perfectly but when I took the cell phone off the Bluetooth and tried it just on my cell phone it didn't work so it is a known issue I did talk to them yesterday but you should call them too so they can hear from you and not just from me thinking I'm the only one complaining other than that these cameras are wonderful
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I meant to say it's a known issue and they know about it but the more people that calls then they know it's not just one isolated issue so I would definitely call them other than that the cameras were wonderful I'm wondering when they are going to come out with the Dual charger
Area71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought it from bestbuy canada for 299 dont forget it has only 1 camera other products have 4 cameras for same price but yes they are not internet camera but video quality are best and give 1 TB space for continous recording.

I will call them tomorrow. but dont understand what you sayinig dual charger? i got arlo pro it has rechargeable battery which i can charge when needed.

BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I got $0.02 from Best Buy the 4 pack so I have a total of 8 and I also have the Arlo Q two of them so a total of 10 cameras I absolutely love them what I'm talking about is there is a charger that you can buy on Amazon when they comes available that you can charge two batteries at a time that way you're never out of a battery because I have 8 cameras I don't want to ever be out of battery although I have to say I've had mine for almost a month and it's not even 90% on any of the cameras and I get a lot of feedback from them also the cloud is for 7 days it doesn't matter if you have one gigabyte or not according to Arlo.. but definitely call them.. since you're in Canada I'm just curious are you using your cell phone and if you are try putting a Bluetooth on your cell phone and using your cameras to talk and listen if it works on your Bluetooth and not your phone that tells me it's a firmware issue I've been playing around with it all day and it works perfectly with my Bluetooth on but I don't always keep my Bluetooth in my ear I work with patients
Area71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh I see.
Sell me if you want to sell your extra one. The camera are state of the art. I agree with you 7 days and you can monitor from your phone too. Battery already used 3 % for me because I put high quality video. I will keep in eye as camera can resist - 20 and sometime in the year we get - 30.
For Bluetooth I dont know how to configure. When I turn on I don't get any device to pair on S6.
BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I'm sure you can pick up an extra camera at Best Buy I use all of mine unfortunately you can never have too many angles to cover.. if you live stream your camera then yes you will waste your battery more that is one of the reasons I got a few Arlo Q. If you have a Samsung S6 use a Bluetooth for your ears when you're driving? It might work if you put your headphone Jacks in as well.. although I have not tried it that way with the Bluetooth to my phone I could hear and receive messages from the Arlo but once I took the Bluetooth off disconnected from my phone and try to listen to the speaker from my phone I could not that was the issue.. I had to buy the 99 dollar a year program because I have 10 cameras it's definitely worth it if you look at how much all the other do-it-yourself cameras charge you for the service Arlo is by far a better deal..
lab6881
Initiate
Initiate

I spent $400+ on these cameras because it had two features I wanted to depend on

1. Two Way Audio
  2. 100db Siren

What the he##...the audio is garbage. If you're marketing cameras at a premium price and advertising a benefit of the camera as a selling point - don't you think you ought to make sure it works first. What kind of crap is this?

So now what? Should I go spend my time writing scathing reviews all over social media, google, etc...that these cameras do not perform as advertised?

Hey Netgear - how about a fix...like quick?

BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
I think you need to call and let them know the issue I have called many times and they are where aware.. however I did find a solution if you are using your phone and you have your Bluetooth in your ears it works perfectly or if you have a set of headphones connected to your phone it works perfectly for some reason it has something to do with the phone itself I did call Arlo and told them I can play other than that I love the system hope that helps but the more people that call I think the moe they will get on top of the isuue.. it would be hard for me to believe that we are the only ones with the issue
AJMRN30
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any new developments or updates on the weak volume that can barely be heard from the Arlo Pro speaker?  Surely by now Arlo has done something to improve the sound and communication on this device.  

BIGDADDYT505
Tutor
Tutor
Hopefully you called them they still have the same issue the only way it works is if you have a Bluetooth that you're using or connect your phone with a pair of headphones then it works okay but off your cell phone it does not work call them I'm a firm believer the more you become the more they're going to get it completed especially when we pay so much money for the system