Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any additional cameras would require the purchase of Premier or Elite single-camera sub?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kitjv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have 5 cameras under the included free subscription plan. That works fine for me. However, I would like to purchase up to 2 additional cameras. Do I understand correctly that (according to Netgear) any additional cameras would require the purchase of either the Premier or Elite single-camera subscription plan for each additional camera? Also, I had read elsewhere on this forum that I could set up a second account for the new camera(s) using a different email address. Thus, I could avoid having to purchase a paid subscription. Am I correct? If so, would the second account allow me to add up to 5 additional cameras? Thank you so much.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The second account is likely the simplest solution but also requires a second base to connect the new cameras to. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first so all cameras show up in that login.

kitjv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. In the past didn't Arlo offer a subscription plan allowing up to 10 cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but the 10 camera plan is now considered legacy and renewal of that has been problematic. By the time you're done, you end up with the new plans anyways.

kitjv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.