Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any Electronic Experts Out There? Looking for a microUSB hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Hoping someone with more electronic experience then me can help me find a microUSB hub or splitter to use with an Arlo Solar Panel. Although it might not work anyway, I'm looking to purchase an inexpensive microUSB hub or splitter so that I can run two Arlo Pro camera's off one solar panel. 

I have two camera's mounted near each other but pointed in different directions and was hoping to power them both off one solar panel if possible. I'm simply doing this so that I can get away with having only one panel mounted on my house vs having two. 

This hub or splitter would need to have at least 3 female plugs. One to except the male end of the wire coming off the panel itself and two female plugs so that I can plug my two camera's into it. 

I've check Amazon but really haven't found anything that might work. Thanks, not sure if this will even work but I'm willing to be a test guinea pig for everyone else who might benefit from this.

2 REPLIES 2
ckdxxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

This won’t work for a multitude of reasons, save yourself a lot of heartache and time and just order a second panel 🙂

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, I did order two panels but I figured if a splitter only costs a few bucks anyway it was worth a try. The panel would be mounted in a SW direction so getting full sun would be easy.