Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App can only play Library Video from first video of the day - Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

On Arlo Android App, if you have multiple videos in your library for a day, and you select any video to play, it will only start from the first one of the day.   You will have to scroll to the right to find the video in chronological order.   I have tried this on multiple Android devices and they all act the same.  It works correctly on the PC browser and it will play the selected video.

32 REPLIES 32
mdjb
Aspirant
Aspirant
The videos seem to download and then play correctly on Android. This may be a temporary work-around if the clips are short and you only need to watch one or two at a time. Hope there is a fix for this soon.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Opening a case is the proper way to get this fixed.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did open a case a few days ago. I have gotten zero response from Arlo.

I have found a temporary work around.

Log into Arlo on your phone through the web browser (not the app). Request the desktop version / not the mobile version. 

at www.arlo.netgear.com

if it defaults to mobile view and shows the app download icons, open your window options and request computer version (default Android browser).

May be different for Chrome or IOS. 

Screenshot_20161217-095148.png

It is just like signing on to your account using a computer. You will then be able to view the correct video on your phone. 

The interface is a little clunkier since its designed for desktops, but it gets the job done. Bookmark that internet page for later. 

Keep your app signed in for alerts, but check the video through the phone browser. 

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!  The broswer desktop mode solution works well for me until they fixed it.   It gave me a little warning bar saying that my Adobe Flash needs update on the Android Tablet, but I think it is just because they think it is a PC with outdated Flash.  The video seems to play just fine.

Furby99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like they pushed an update that fixed it. Thank you!
Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

update works! thank you!

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes update works!  I switched the Solution of the thread to the app update post.  Thanks. 😄

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the latest Android app version. For those experiencing this issue, please be sure to update your Android app to the latest version (2.3.0 as of 12/20/2016).

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue,

JamesC