Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

Hey!

Just bought Arlo pro (2 camera system) and I cannot get the cameras to sync.    I exchanged the system (best buy) and got a new one, in the hope it was just a faulty hardware, but still doesnt sync.  I tried everything, even called the support line.  Base is connected properly, but cameras give me the blinking amber lights every time.

I really want to keep and use the Pro, any advice please?

Thanks!

35 REPLIES 35
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Also, make sure you're only pressing the sync button on the base briefly. BTW, if it's bad hardware, just swap at the store.
KCDesert
Guide
Guide

Hi I only briefly pressed the button. I swapped batteries, reset everything and no joy. I took it back to the store where they can keep this until Netgear figures out how to improve manufacturing QA processes. I'm frustrated, as a very technical user I expect things to work, especially when it is my first recent experience with a particular product. 

KCDesert
Guide
Guide

Hi I did that as well. Same result though.

TrevT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Polobuds
Guide
Guide

I just set up my Arlo pro camera and I am having the same issue. I was only able to sync one camera. I tried everything mentioned in the thread: reset base station, swapped batteries, brielfy hold down sync button and nothing worked. Both batteries are fully charged and all lights on base station are solid green. I even removed the camera that was working and tried setting up the cameras again in a different order, but still didn't work. I think I received a faulty camera. 

Please advise. System was purchased on Amazon

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Polobuds,

Do you see any different behavior if you insert the battery from the working camera into the camera that doesn't sync? What is the LED behavior when you attempt to sync the affected camera?

JamesC

Polobuds
Guide
Guide

James,

Nothing happened when I inserted the battery from the camera that synced into the camera that couldn't sync. When I first insert a charged battery, the LED light on the camera flashes blue a couple of times, and then goes out. When I go through the syncing process, no lights on the camera comes on. The base station has a green blinking light, but after I push the sync button on the camera and release after 2 secs, no lights on the camera come on at all. Not once has any light come on the camera during the sycning process, which leads me to believe it is a faulty camera. I have tried this process over 10 times and not once has the flashing blue light come on during the syncing process. 

I currently have one camera synced and set up and working fine. I contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement order where I will swap out the faulty camera with a new one. I will see if this works and let you know. Very frustrated that this is happening, and notice that it is happening with other Arlo owners as well. At least Amazon is stepping up and sending me new cameras no questions asked. I hope Arlo can solve this problem for potential owners of these cameras. But I do appreciate the fact that you are on these forums trying to address customers' issues. That is a good sign. 

Polobuds
Guide
Guide

James,

Here's an update...

Last night I received the new cameras from Amazon. I removed one of the cameras from the package (I originally ordered the 2 camera wire-free system with base), and inserted the fully charged battery from the original camera that was not syncing. I went through the steps to sync the new camera to the base station and it synced on the 1st attempt. The new camera that Amazon shipped is working with the battery from my original order/camera. It appears it was a faulty camera. I will be returning the old camera back to Amazon. Now, system is operational with both cameras synced and working fine. 

D3L8OY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well it seems that Netgear have produces a very ordinary product. I have been having the same issue, purchaced the Arlo Pro 3 camera set, none of the cameras will sync. Called support that they could not fif the issue, returned the system to the shop, ge the new one home and same problem.

The thing is I am using Netgear Orbi routers and satalites as well. I have changed channels, network configurations, everything. look like there is a network negotiation issue that the Arlo's have and Netgear are not looking at.

What a shame the promise cant be delivered. 

JudithW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue, once I confirmed my email adress for my account, sync went ok immediately.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

D3L8OY wrote:

Well it seems that Netgear have produces a very ordinary product. I have been having the same issue, purchaced the Arlo Pro 3 camera set, none of the cameras will sync. Called support that they could not fif the issue, returned the system to the shop, ge the new one home and same problem.

The thing is I am using Netgear Orbi routers and satalites as well. I have changed channels, network configurations, everything. look like there is a network negotiation issue that the Arlo's have and Netgear are not looking at.

What a shame the promise cant be delivered. 

Based on the little you told us, we can't tell if it's faulty product or a short between the headset. The vast majority of setups go quickly and easily but there's always the possibility of an unusual environment that causes issues.