Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

Hey!

Just bought Arlo pro (2 camera system) and I cannot get the cameras to sync.    I exchanged the system (best buy) and got a new one, in the hope it was just a faulty hardware, but still doesnt sync.  I tried everything, even called the support line.  Base is connected properly, but cameras give me the blinking amber lights every time.

I really want to keep and use the Pro, any advice please?

Thanks!

35 REPLIES 35
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Much of the docs say to hold the sync button for 2 sec... it is incorrect, holding that long puts the base into another mode.

It only takes a QUICK push on the button for the sync to work.

So open and close the battery doors, quick push on base sync, then about 2-3 sec later push the sync button on camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I've tested the 2 second statement in the directions for the Pro system and it works. However, I'd still default to a brief press as noted by Tom.

GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

I just tried both above recommendations/directions countless time and no luck.  I had the original Arlo system and that worked great.  I wonder if I have bad batch of camera/hardware.

Dont wanna give up but dont have any other clues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you've tried resetting using only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber, removing associated devices from Settings, My Devices, adding the base using the Add Device button on the Devices tab and resyncing the cameras and it's still failing, return the system to the store and swap for another. BTW, what are the base LEDs showing?

GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried that too. I think I might be taking it back for a new one soon. The power and network LEDs are solid green on the base.
datahoe
Tutor
Tutor

After 40 minutes on the phone with tech support I am still unable to connect my cameras to the base station.  I have followed every step as indicated but neither camera is connecting.  Is there something I'm missing?  I've tried the 2 second press, the quick press, the turn it off and back on again, and I'm still stuck.  I want to love this camera but this is driving me crazy right now.  Any help would be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can always try the reset by pressing the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Add the base using the Add Device button in the Devices tab. Sync cameras. Luck?
datahoe
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried that as well and it still did not work. I'm so frustrated right now

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing?

If the reset didn't help and the system is new enough, you can return it to the store and swap for another.

throwaway-bye
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, When you press the sync button on Basestation, do you see blinking LED on the basestation (rightmost LED). If not, may be your button press on Basestation did not register. Use your finger and place it at the center of button and give it a firm press. Once the rightmost LED on Basestation starts blinking, proceed to press camera sync button.
GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

Went through the steps multiple times with the support line on the phone.  Tried everything.  Base definitely blinks, camera blinks, no sync.

Case was elevated, they told me to wait for a replacement from them (Netgear) or exchange for new one at Best Buy. 

throwaway-bye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey,

If its something in your wifi environment, new hardware might have the same issue. You should try to change your router wi-fi channel. Arlo Base and camera lock on to home router wi-fi channel. If home router channel is overcrowded it can cause issues. There are plenty of smartphone apps that scan wifi environment and recommend a clean channel. If you can't figure those apps, try to login to your router page and manually change channel to 6 or 11. Avoid using channel 1 its usually more crowded. Once you change the channel your router may reboot, reboot the BS and try the sync process again.

Good luck!!

datahoe
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried everything but no luck. So unfortunately I'm going to return it to Bestbuy. I will give it one more shot but if I run into problems I will have to give up on the Arlo Pro

GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

Tried different channels, same issue, not syncing. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

datahoe,

I'd like to offer assistance with the issue you are describing. Could you provide the case number you have open with the support team so I can take a closer look at the issue?

JamesC

GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

I know u are asking for datahoe's #, case # 27573144 Arlo Pro sync issue.

Maybe u can help.

gerrydmv

datahoe
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately they never provided me the number when I got off the phone with them. Someone was suppose to call me back last night but I never received a return call.  I returned the camera and got a new one today and same problem.  So at this point I'm just frustrated.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GerryVA,

Thank you for the case number. After reviewing your case it appears it has already been escalated. If I get any new information I will let you know as soon as possible.

datahoe,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

Just an update,

I tried everything, even a new system straight from Netgear.   Nothing works.

Defintely an issue with my network (permissions, interference or something else).  Even though I have never had issue before with my wifi (verizon fios).  The issue has gone way above my technical grade and I'm kinda annoyed, so I am gonna take it back this weekend.  I was really looking forward to using it and it sucks, becasue I had great succes with Arlo (original).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible it's a FiOS issue with their equipment. Have you contacted them?

GerryVA
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I contected them and everything is fine on their end.  My internet is wroking perfect.  Unless I know the issue there is really nothing they can do.

datahoe
Tutor
Tutor
I plan to return mine as well.
KCDesert
Guide
Guide
I just bought the same kit and guess what? One camera will not sync. It's fully charged and the blue led never comes on and it won't even try to sync. I'm taking this $500 piece of junk back.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KCDesert,

Consider trying the battery from one of the working cameras to further isolate the issue. Do you still get no flashing blue LED after pressing the sync button on the camera?

JamesC