Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
KTang
Initiate
Initiate

Queistion about the new product -  Arlo Pro,

What is Smart Siren? How's it work? 

Will siren go off when intruder enter the house etc?  

30 REPLIES 30
Williamy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can not hear the siren. It says it's on but can't hear. It worked when we first tested it. Can't figure it out
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's part of the base, try power cycling it.

Aja_Malaysia
Guide
Guide
Hi, I recently purchased the Arlo Pro one camera with base just to test. Trust me, your neighbors will hear it. The challenge with the system is its so sensitive, I only plan to have it auto activate if I'm truly traveling away from the house. ..it's a really great system ...had it up a few days and I like it , I just wish there was a continual record feature . The max record time is 5 min
Aja_Malaysia
Guide
Guide

I commented earlier that your neighbors should surely hear it fromt he base, but I actually never tested it outside. I just realized from the outside, it's not noticeable. So I am looking into adding an amplifier outside 

boxingjunkie
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC I just installed my system and have it integrated with smartthings. I have my camera's set to record for motion. My camera's are always active even if were home. My question is how do I set the siren to only go off when a door/window sensor is activated? My reasoning is when we set the Smartthings app to Armed (Away) our dog is constantly setting the siren/alarm off. I want the cameras to detect motion all the time but I only want the siren set to doors and windows.
In the Arlo app under mode I'm using Smartthings. Under rules, settings i have the cameras set to record motion, and i also have the Turn siren box unchecked but it still goes off if the dog walks by. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

boxingjunkie,

After you integrate your Arlo cameras into the SmartThings app, you must use the SmartThings app to configure your modes and rules. If you edit your modes and rules in the Arlo app, you disarm the SmartThings mode. For more information, take a look here: What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC