Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro 2 Pro with iPhone app: What is "Live View" and how to enable?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloC
Guide
Guide

An answer here read: "Re: Can we talk through camera?

"Yes, assuming you have permissions allowed and that you're using live view. While live viewing, click on the mic icon and follow the prompts to press (and hold) to talk."

What is "Live View"? Can't find a definition on the support site or by googling. I don't see the push-to-talk icon. Microphones and speakers are turned on for all the cameras.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@ArloC,

On the devices page the image for each camera will have an Arrow(?) icon in the middle of the picture. Clicking on that will allow the user to view what the camera is viewing, "Live," without triggering a recording. Once in Live View, if you wish to record or take a snapshot, there is an icon with a dot inside a circle to start recording and an icon of a camera for taking a snapshot. There is also a microphone icon. Pressing that allows the user to have two way audio.

Brian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@ArloC,

On the devices page the image for each camera will have an Arrow(?) icon in the middle of the picture. Clicking on that will allow the user to view what the camera is viewing, "Live," without triggering a recording. Once in Live View, if you wish to record or take a snapshot, there is an icon with a dot inside a circle to start recording and an icon of a camera for taking a snapshot. There is also a microphone icon. Pressing that allows the user to have two way audio.

Brian

ArloC
Guide
Guide

Now I see. Thanks! More info: After hitting the "play" button in the middle of the picture, you have to hit a tiny red dot with "LI..." in the upper left corner of the picture.  The icons appear for a moment and then vanish - you have to be quick.  Now I can say something to my neighbor's cat when he comes through <smile>.