Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Not Recording Night Vison

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bobby_67
Guide
Guide

hi all 

this has probably been asked before 

i have an issue with both of my arlo pros not recording night vision......i have cheched this a few times latlely and the IR lights dont come on and it doesnt record 

These have been working fine previously just recently for some reason have decided not to work ??

And these are on both my cameras not just 1 

I have 4 cameras - 2 of the original arlos and 2 of the arlo pros and i have the base station which comes with the arlo pro 

During the day normal recording - brilliant and and working like a dream 

Also the settings are fine by what i can see - the night vison on off switch is on  ( camera/video settings/night vision)

i dont have any issues with night vision with my  original arlos just my arlo pros 

Do i need to toggle the night vision swtich in setting to off and back to on 

Also is there some way of resetting the camera 

any feedback would be appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Toggling night vision can be useful as well as reinserting the battery to reset thew camera. A reboot of the base may be useful, too.

Be sure to check the active mode for the cameras for the nighttime. Are you using the schedule? How is it configured?

Bobby_67
Guide
Guide

Hi ....thanks for the reply 

i have toggled the night vision on and off but im currently not home so i wont know until i get back ....i have done this via the app as well as via the website 

i didn’t know about the battery i will look into this when i get home as well i wasn’t aware that you could remove the battery from the Arlo Pro so i suppose that could help as well 

its just a pain that both the Arlo Pro cameras are doing it not the original cameras...the night vision on the originals is working fine 

the base station hasn’t been reset for a long while so that’s something else i will do as well 

schedule has been set up as armed and is set up to be on 80% of the time ......i don’t know how this would affect it as this is the same setting as i have had previously when they were working - i have increased the weekend schedule time but the weekday schedule hasn’t been changed 

Also what is “active mode”.....is this motion detector test??.....i cant find an active mode at all 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The active mode is the one selected in the Mode tab - sounds like it would be the schedule. Select just the Armed mode to veirfy that it works right.

Bobby_67
Guide
Guide

The only things that are in the mode area is armed , disarmed, schedule, geofencing 

i have deleted and redone the schedule so i will be interested to see what happens from there - if anything will happen

i have been into the rules also in edit mode and checked all of them as well and this looks fine