Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trassel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've followed this article:
https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

• All lights are green
  • Base station is offline in both the app and on the web
  • I can see it being given an IP address by DHCP server upon restart. I can ping the IP. All other devices online are functional.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
trassel
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the next person that comes along:

I called the Arlo Support and they had me remove the Base Station from the Arlo app, and then re-add it. Afterwards I had to re-sync my cameras and re-add them to Homekit.

They could/would not provide any insights or comments as to why it happened. They did make the remark that I should provide the Base Station with a static IP which I now have (DHCP with reservation based on MAC address) but honestly, it was up and running the whole time; I could ping the Base Station and could connect to the cameras via Homekit so I do not think the DHCP lease was the issue.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect there isn't much more you can do.  Have you tried contacting support? https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

trassel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have, yes, but wasn't able to get through. The Live Chat says it's online but I get an error message (doesn't matter which browser I use) when trying to use it, and when I call I get an automated voice message stating that they have technical difficulties and my call cannot be answered. 

Oh well. It is odd that within Apple Homekit I can still have some communication with the cameras. Watch live streams, hear sound, etc. 

trassel
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the next person that comes along:

I called the Arlo Support and they had me remove the Base Station from the Arlo app, and then re-add it. Afterwards I had to re-sync my cameras and re-add them to Homekit.

They could/would not provide any insights or comments as to why it happened. They did make the remark that I should provide the Base Station with a static IP which I now have (DHCP with reservation based on MAC address) but honestly, it was up and running the whole time; I could ping the Base Station and could connect to the cameras via Homekit so I do not think the DHCP lease was the issue.