Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lucydrives
Tutor
Tutor

When I took down one of my cameras to charge, the charging symbol on the app with the lightning bolt was red. I tried charging the other 3 cameras, same thing. I've tried both chargers and cables that came with the cameras,  tried swapping out cables. Also rebooted everything multiple times, removed camera and re-synched. The blue LED on the front of the camera comes on when plugged in without battery, but not when battery is in. Customer service has been of no help - only suggestion was to buy a new battery to try to isolate the problem, but I don't want to spend $50 when it seems likely the same thing will happen. It just makes no sense that suddenly 4 cameras and batteries, and 2 chargers would suddenly fault at the same time.  The firmware did update in March, but I'm pretty sure I've successfully charged at least one camera since then. Anyone else have this problem or have ideas on how to solve it? 

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @lucydrives

Do you have another 9v power adapter you can try using with your camera?

lucydrives
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately no, I don't have another 9V adapter to use. I ended up buying an external charging station for the batteries and it worked fine plugged into both of the 9V chargers that came with the cameras, and the batteries successfully charged in the station. So it's definitely something that went wrong with all the cameras at once. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team if you would like to investigate the issue further. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Pam123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just had this happen to me as well. No issues ever previously with charging and now all of a sudden it is telling me that I need to charge using a compatible charger. Not sure why now out of the blue that none of my chargers would work anymore. This has happened with all three of my cameras. Seems like there’s a camera/ firmware issue going on for this to have all happened at once. Not really interested in buying three new batteries and I know it’s not the charging cable or block as they work on other devices.
lucydrives
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, it must be a firmware issue on the cameras, wish Arlo would address this. Frustrating that I had to buy an additional piece of equipment due to a software issue. But the external dock does solve the problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Pam123

Are you still experiencing this issue with charging your devices? Do you have a screenshot of the error message? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

alec107
Initiate
Initiate
Exactly the same.
Proved by subsitution that all my equip is serviceable however arlo admits no responsibilty.
Needless to say the camera is 2 yrs old but that is not the point.
They screwed up an update and left many camerss on this state snd then wash their hands of the issue saying the camera is defective when u prove that it is their software
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alec107

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?