Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dward16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried to charge a few of my cameras that were getting low and now they all show as being offline.  I have tried resetting and resyncing but everything just goes right back to being offline.  I am using Arlo Pro cams.  Any help would be appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you certain that the cameras are not working? Could be a status fail of the app you’re using.

dward16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes all 5 were said to be offline.  Did factory reset on the base and at this moment 4 of the 5 appear to be back online but one still says offline, even after resyncing every cam.  Both the app and the website show this.

Dannybear
Master
Master

You could try waiting a while for the problem camera to return online.

May I suggest you remove power and battery from the problem camera to reset it.

dward16
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been over 12 hours now and I will leave it all day.  I did remove the battery and wait a few moments before resyncing.  Over night the other four cams are still on but nothing recorded.  

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you confirm what mode is selected on the base station, if armed then check the activity icons are black on the cameras, this means that the cameras are actively monitoring and should pickup motion. If they are grey then the cameras are disarmed, amber indicates triggering. Look for the speaker and flying ball icons next to the battery icon associated with the camera on the home devices page.

To also confirm, try creating a new custom mode with all camera rules added to identify if the armed mode is faulty.

dward16
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the 2 cams that will show up on the app all the icons are white except for the speaker icon which is gray.  

dward16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like I said before, on the cams that sort of work all the icons are white (which they have always been) except for the speaker icon which is gray.  Another thing I am just now noticing is that the batteries are draining rapidly, in about 24 hours where as before I generally got at least a month between charges.  

Now when I attempted to add a new mode it would only allow me to add 1 of the cams and when I did all the icons for that cam went white for a few moments and then that camera popped the error message "Your arlo device appears offline"  

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you’re camera batteries are draining fast it suggests the camera connection to the base station is a problem. Usual cause is wifi interference or reduced signal quality.

The issue not being able to add all camera rules to modes would confirm the above.

Start by power cycling the router modem then the base station allow each time to reboot in between.

You may need to resync the camera’s again after.