Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All batteries won’t charge

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi , wondering if anyone has battery charging issues.
All of my 6 wireless cameras stopped charging all at once which is very odd. They charge and turn on when they plugged in to the charger but as soon as I take them off charge they turn off. It’s very wired that it’s happed to all of my cameras at once
12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
If the Base station failed lost power or you had bad wifi interference then any camera connected would slowly discharge their batteries until flat and could explain why they all went at once.
Dannybear
Master
Master
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny80 wrote:
All of my 6 wireless cameras stopped charging all at once which is very odd. They charge and turn on when they plugged in to the charger but as soon as I take them off charge they turn off. It’s very weird that it’s happed to all of my cameras at once

Could be the charger.  The Pro can be powered with normal 5v USB, but I believe it needs a charger that supports  quickcharge to actually charge the battery.

Johnny80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thanks for your reply.
I have always been using the original chargers that have came with the cameras
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny80 wrote:
I have always been using the original chargers that have came with the cameras

Have you tried another (original) charger and another (original) cable after you first ran into this problem?  Might be worth trying another outlet while you are at it.

Also, is the app showing the battery as fully charged right before you remove the cable?  

Johnny80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, yes I have tried all of that . I leave it on charge over night and it just shows charging (lightning bolt) then I unplug it and it switches off . It’s like batteries don’t hold charge
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny80 wrote:
 I leave it on charge over night and it just shows charging (lightning bolt) then I unplug it

Are you also checking that the charge level is 100%?

Johnny80
Aspirant
Aspirant
It doesn’t show any numbers it just shows charging symbol
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob unlikely ALL the batteries went bad at the same time...

First check out the adapter... If a Pro camera ( didn't see if you mentioned which cameras other than title ) you need a 5v/9v qualcomm type charger as a normal 5v adapter will never charge the battery pack. After cameras will work with 5v.

You state it is the original adapter / cable , so follow the direction in the link.

You NEED to attempt to charge 6x in a short period not just overnight ( think it was every ten mins ). This allows a minimum charge in the battery packs so it can start proper charging ( it will not charge if to low )( Even if you see a lighting bolt. )

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

I really believe it more likely the issue will be the adapter or cable is bad .

But it doesn't hurt to try another type adapter an cable BTW. It may just not work but will not hurt anything.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny80 wrote:
It doesn’t show any numbers it just shows charging symbol

Touch the settings wheel for the camera in the app, that will show you the % charge.

Johnny80
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do do that and all it shows is charging icon . It used to show percentage when I press settings icon
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny80 wrote:
I do do that and all it shows is charging icon . It used to show percentage when I press settings icon

Odd, as I do see the charge percentage with my own Pro camera (both in the app, and my.arlo.com).  Though there are some issues with my.arlo.com (showing stale status, including battery percentage).

pro battery.png

I think a risk-buy of a replacement charger (with cable) might be a good next step (under the theory that 6 batteries would not all fail at the same time).  Although this is advertised as a "cable", it includes the charger.

That is less expensive than a risk-buy of a replacement battery: