Ethernet Cable Port problem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Allieacts2
Follower
Follower
I haven’t used my Arlo system in a year. Getting it set up and didn’t have the Ethernet cable. Bought a brand new Cat6 cable. But the LAN port on the Arlo Base is way too if for jthe standard Ethernet cable. What the heck? What am i missing here?
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Sounds like you’re missing the rj45 Ethernet plastic insert, look in the bottom of the box it was stored in. Else take the Base station to a electronic computer store and see if they have a similar insert.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Allieacts2 wrote:
I haven’t used my Arlo system in a year. Getting it set up and didn’t have the Ethernet cable. Bought a brand new Cat6 cable. But the LAN port on the Arlo Base is way too if for jthe standard Ethernet cable. What the heck? What am i missing here?

Something garbled here.  @Dannybear's interpretation that the RJ45 socket on the base could be damaged could well be true, but it would be good for you to clarify.  Some CAT-6 cables have covers around the connectors, and can be hard to insert.

Posting a photo of the back of the base would also be helpful (png and jpg can be attached to your post - jpeg extensions have to be renamed to jpg.  You can also put in a link to the photo).

Here's a diagram from the install guide for the base that shows where the socket is supposed to be.

vmb4000.png