Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sam83926
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today the app said that one of my outdoor camera battery is low. So I tried to charge it, but it has no led light, I just leave it there for a while and then it said no battery! It cannot be charged anymore! I also tried to charge my another camera which is alway in door has 80% battery when I start to charge it, but there is no led light and the app did not say it start to charge...I tried the third one... still no charging! I guess it is because firmware ? This is the first time it happened to me.
5 REPLIES 5
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Be sure you are using the genuine Arlo USB cable and charger. The genuine Arlo charger is most important.

If using correct charger, you might pull the battery out and reseat to see if that helps.
Sam83926
Aspirant
Aspirant
I used the original charger and cable. I also tried to reset the battery several times. All are not work!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sam83926,

Check to make sure the USB wiring inside the camera is still intact. You can find this by opening the battery door and looking underneath the battery near the doors hinge.

Can you charge the battery in another camera or the charging station accessory? Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

Sam83926
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a new usb charger and change the battery into a new camera, then it is charging! It seems like the charger has some problem and also the camera! Do not know why the camera cannot be charged? All the wire seems good!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like you have a hardware problem which can only be solved by opening a case with support here to utilize your 1 year warranty. Doesn't matter if it's the charger, battery or camera - they all come with that warranty.