Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jyad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Around 7:45 PM Pacific Standard  time, I parked my car outside my door and before opening my front door, I opened the Arlo app and disarmed the system from inside my car.  (I always arm the system from the car once I leave the house and disarm it from the car before entering). THe Arlo app showed that the system was disarmed.

My Android phone said disarmed, but when I opened the door, the siren went off.  I was "Alarmed" !!!  The siren went silent after around 15-20 seconds.

I checked the Arlo app on my phone - Arlo still seemed online, but there was no recording.  There was no notification to my email either. Arlo app did not send a notification either.

I have set all my cameras to set the alarm off , record video clip - and send notification by email when there is motion detected.

Only the alarm went off (even when the system was disarmed) but no video clip and no notification either by Arlo app or to my email address

I logged in using a PC around 9:00 PM pacific and there is no recording.  I safely ejected the USB backup and plugged it into my PC - it is empty.  No recording.

Did anyone elese experience this issue?  What are your thoughts on why it may have happened?  Was there another outage and perhaps arlo was offline while i tried to disarm it??  If it was offline, it would have said so.  Why would it let me disarm it??

Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.  Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Jyad

Yes, Arlo has had some massive problems again today and some outages.That is probably what caused the alarm to go off and no notifications.

As for the recordings, you probably disarmed the system in a hurry before the recording finished. When that happens to me, I don't get any recordings.

Brian

Jyad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Brian

Actually it was already disarmed when I entered.  The alarm should not have sounded. And if it did, it should have recorded as well.

If the system was offline, it should have still recorded on the USB drive

None of that happened

I am losing my faith in this system now.  I bought it at Costco and am seriously thinking of returning it as soon as I find something else....

KirstyJarvis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you find a resolution to this?

Our Arlo Pro base station and camera also keep going off when it is disabled.  Do you know if there is any way to completely disable the siren from the cameras and the base station?

brh
Master
Master

@Jyad

Yes, Go into your Modes and for each Rule edit it and deselect where it says Turn Siren On.

Brian

KirstyJarvis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.  We have done this and it still seems to go off.  Looking into it further it seems to be only certain things which sets it off I.e. my 6 year old screeching or if you tap 2 bottles together.  

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Kirsty

brh
Master
Master

@KirstyJarvis

Have you tried to turn off the Microphone for each camera?

Or the Notify with Sound?

Brian

Jyad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes Brian.The microphone was turned off for each camera. I also turned off notications.  While I was at it, I also took out the batteries out of each camera.  After all, they are for show....a nice $600 prop.

Thanks Brian