Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jtk623
Initiate
Initiate
Is it possible to setup my cameras to sound the alarm when it is armed and detects motion or do I have to set it off manually?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jtk623 wrote:
Is it possible to setup my cameras to sound the alarm when it is armed and detects motion or do I have to set it off manually?

yes...

In the MODE you are using to arm the cam/cameras there is a toggle for each camera to sound the alarm if motion is triggered

You willl have to edit the mode and toggle it on per camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jtk623
Initiate
Initiate
I am sorry, I have searched high and low on each camera on the app and can not find that setting anywhere
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, select your base. Edit your mode, Armed by default. All settings are in there. Be sure to save.

Also, read the FAQ here for full directions and consider creating your own custom modes for full control.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit the mode. Edit each rule. It's a setting per rule

Resu
Aspirant
Aspirant
My ability to adjust this feature disappeared but I was able to get it back by clicking "add device" in the armed edit mode for each camera and selecting the base siren... then you can select for it to do nothing or to sound the alarm... then save the feature at the top right corner of the screen...
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Mode tab > edit your mode > edit your rule > scroll down, tap Add Device > choose your base station under the Sirens section.