Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cheenu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently purchased an Arlo Pro Base station VMB4000r3 Iam trying to find the Arlo alarm button on the IOS app to trigger an alarm. I see some answers about a grey bar and a pull down to see the alarm. icon.. i've tried pulling down and do not see any icon there.. can somebody post a screenshot of how to see the alarm icon on the IOS app? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Cheenu 

The Alarm and e911 are now a red icon with a white shield and exclamation point at the top right of you devices page in the ios app. This was changed due to too many customer complaints.

Brian

Cheenu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

I went to the app store and updated to the latest version of the app.

iam on the devices page and do not see a red icon with a white shield on that page. do i need to do anything else to enable that icon?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should just be there. Try rebootig the phone and reinstalling the app. A base station reboot may help, too.

Cheenu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried resintalling the app, rebooting the base station and the app.

Attaching a picture of what i see as the screen in the devices tab.

what else am i missing? do i need to be on a specific plan to be able to use the siren?

Thanks20190210_150908 copy.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image yet.

Nothing is needed to see the siren icon. Wat version app are you using? Have you tried a browser?

Cheenu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Iam using the latest Arlo app version on the app store 2.7.4

I have a feeling all the features only work with certain versions of IOS and Iphones.

I have IOS version 10.2.1 and iphone 6.

I can see the alarm icon when i login to the arlonetgear.com site using my browser on my desktop.

Thanks,
Cheenu

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Someone with iOS is gonna hafta chime in here.

brh
Master
Master

I am waiting for his image to be approved before I can comment further. My comments above are based on an iphone 8 wth the latest software version and the latest app version. My iphone 6 shows the same icon.

Brian