Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Debcoco63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased this in 2018. I was notified I had to update. I updated and now I only receive notifications that movement is happening. Nothing is recorded in the library.

Can I please have the 2018 version back??

I've never had one problem before and I've also recommended ARLO to friends...mistake.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Debcoco63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, it's true, Miracles happen every day!  I'm finally back online!! Cameras are rolling!

I started over.  I deleted the cameras/base station from my phone and then reinstalled/resync'd  3 cameras step by step as if new.  It worked!

So, my advice to anyone who updates to the new ARLO app for the Arlo Pro  3-wireless cameras and suddenly the cameras stop recording to the library, save yourself hours of frustration and just start over.

Thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Debcoco63 wrote:

I purchased this in 2018.

You must not have a Pro-3 since it is just coming onto the market now.

@Debcoco63 wrote:

I updated and now I only receive notifications that movement is happening. Nothing is recorded in the library.

Have you tried restarting the base station?  If that doesn't help, perhaps contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Debcoco63
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s Arlo Pro
3 wire-free cameras
After trying several suggestions, now a new problem The cameras are not connected to the base station.
Everything worked great for 1 year and once I updated trouble started.
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have you tried the setting in the “mode” section select the edit (pen) button then select what you wont the camera to do when there is movement. In your case select or make sure “record video” is selected.

Debcoco63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went to MODE and it reads "offline" and I am unable to move any further.

My base station has 2 green LEDs and 1 amber.  I'll have to figure out how to get back "online" now.

Thanks anyway.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Debcoco63 wrote:

My base station has 2 green LEDs and 1 amber.  I'll have to figure out how to get back "online" now.

Which light is amber?  The internet one?  

Debcoco63
Aspirant
Aspirant

The last light on the right is amber and the icon looks like a camera.  The base station/internet are both green.

Yesterday, I performed the reset back to original settings and then I tried to turn it off and then on. I also deleted the ARLO app and then downloaded that again.

Just wondering if I will have to bring the cameras in and resync?

thank-you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Debcoco63 wrote:

The last light on the right is amber and the icon looks like a camera. 

Just wondering if I will have to bring the cameras in and resync?

I think you will need to do that.

Debcoco63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, it's true, Miracles happen every day!  I'm finally back online!! Cameras are rolling!

I started over.  I deleted the cameras/base station from my phone and then reinstalled/resync'd  3 cameras step by step as if new.  It worked!

So, my advice to anyone who updates to the new ARLO app for the Arlo Pro  3-wireless cameras and suddenly the cameras stop recording to the library, save yourself hours of frustration and just start over.

Thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions.