Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After charging Arlo Pro battery, no solid blue light yet to indicate full charge?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
craigsarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

first time charging the battery

blue light on camera flashes blue for about 2 seconds 

had it charging for about 2 hours 

no solid blue light yet to indicate full charge??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think you are right and there is a mistake with the instructions.  Mine never had a solid blue light when it was fully charged.

-Robert

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think you are right and there is a mistake with the instructions.  Mine never had a solid blue light when it was fully charged.

-Robert
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a setting in Settings, My Devices, your Pro camera for Battery Fully Charged Indicator but it's not clear to me what's supposed to happen.

iyingeyes4djh
Initiate
Initiate

Hey guys,

I don't know why some of you are having problems with this except make sure that the blue light flashes when you plug it in to charge. I pluged mine last night and found out that 24 hours later it hadn't charged and it was down to 1% power. That was annoying but what I figured out is for some reason the battery won't charge from a power strip but once I pluged it directly into a wall oultet the blue light flashed for about 2 seconds, the battery charged for the first time and within 2 1/2 hours it was fully charged with a steady blue light indicator on. 

Hopefully this will help everyone else that's not getting the good ole "blue light" after you thought the battery was charged 😉 !

Good Luck!

mmacairns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion to plug into a wall instead of a power strip.  I had my camera hooked to a power strip all night, then when I followed your suggestion to plug into wall not only did it charge up but the blue light is on.

C_isr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having trouble also, what do you mean plug it directly to the wall? Because the way I'm doing it I put the battery into the camera and then I plugged in the charger. But still no "blue light "
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Plug into the wall simply means to use a wall socket for the adapter.

Take the battery out and then use the USB adapter. Do you get any indication from the LED that power was connected?
C_isr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok I guess I have to buy the USB wall socket because my didn't came with one . Thank you
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Pro should have come with a charger. Yours didn't? If nothing else, you can use a charger rated for Qualcomm quick charging at 5 and 9 VDC at 2 amps.