Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
craigsarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

first time charging the battery

blue light on camera flashes blue for about 2 seconds 

had it charging for about 2 hours 

no solid blue light yet to indicate full charge??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think you are right and there is a mistake with the instructions.  Mine never had a solid blue light when it was fully charged.

-Robert

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think you are right and there is a mistake with the instructions.  Mine never had a solid blue light when it was fully charged.

-Robert
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a setting in Settings, My Devices, your Pro camera for Battery Fully Charged Indicator but it's not clear to me what's supposed to happen.

iyingeyes4djh
Initiate
Initiate

Hey guys,

I don't know why some of you are having problems with this except make sure that the blue light flashes when you plug it in to charge. I pluged mine last night and found out that 24 hours later it hadn't charged and it was down to 1% power. That was annoying but what I figured out is for some reason the battery won't charge from a power strip but once I pluged it directly into a wall oultet the blue light flashed for about 2 seconds, the battery charged for the first time and within 2 1/2 hours it was fully charged with a steady blue light indicator on. 

Hopefully this will help everyone else that's not getting the good ole "blue light" after you thought the battery was charged 😉 !

Good Luck!

mmacairns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion to plug into a wall instead of a power strip.  I had my camera hooked to a power strip all night, then when I followed your suggestion to plug into wall not only did it charge up but the blue light is on.

C_isr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having trouble also, what do you mean plug it directly to the wall? Because the way I'm doing it I put the battery into the camera and then I plugged in the charger. But still no "blue light "
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Plug into the wall simply means to use a wall socket for the adapter.

Take the battery out and then use the USB adapter. Do you get any indication from the LED that power was connected?
C_isr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok I guess I have to buy the USB wall socket because my didn't came with one . Thank you
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Pro should have come with a charger. Yours didn't? If nothing else, you can use a charger rated for Qualcomm quick charging at 5 and 9 VDC at 2 amps.