Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rjgroves
Tutor
Tutor

Hello all. I have an Arlo Pro set up with 3 Arlo Pro Cams and 2 Arlo Q Cams. I am wanting to add a few more Cams to my property. The added cam placements will be out of range for the hub. I have a wifi extender set up in a shed which gives me the range I need to work outside, (it's the Nighthawk X4 AC2200).

My question is, if I bought another Pro Hub setup, would I be able to plug it in extenders gigabit port adding it to my network? Additionally, would I have to setup another account? Will I have to log out of one account and into the other to view the cams?  Thanks in advance for your imput. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The ONLY real way to expand the area of coverage by Arlo is to add additional bases...There is NO LIMIT as tothe number of bases ( nor do they have to be at the same location ) on any service level

If you are going above 5 cameras, then you may have to upgrade your account service level.  If running two accounts , yes you will have to sign out of one and into the other.

Bases,BTW, work fine on extenders that have etherent ports as long as the thru-put is over 1mbs up.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The ONLY real way to expand the area of coverage by Arlo is to add additional bases...There is NO LIMIT as tothe number of bases ( nor do they have to be at the same location ) on any service level

If you are going above 5 cameras, then you may have to upgrade your account service level.  If running two accounts , yes you will have to sign out of one and into the other.

Bases,BTW, work fine on extenders that have etherent ports as long as the thru-put is over 1mbs up.

Morse is faster than texting!
Rjgroves
Tutor
Tutor

I am currently trying to install the new base station. Both on and internet light are green. When I go to the app and add new device it recognizes the station bringing up the the serial number and time zone.  I click continue and then name the station. When I hit continue from there I get kicked out of app back to the login screen. I have reset the base station several times and the same thing happens.

I am on the same network with 2.4. I actually have unplugged my first base station, using the same connectivity, still no go. My last resort is to reset my router and start fresh, something I do not want to do especially not knowing if it will work. Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a server update last night that might have caused what you were seeing (check the Announcements section here).  Try again today.

Rjgroves
Tutor
Tutor

Amazing! Worked like is was meant to. Thank you. I did not have to reset my router. 🙂