Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro web interface does not work in Google Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo Pro web interface does not work in google Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit).  Am prompted to download latest flash player.  Google chrome has integrated flash there is nothing to download.  Worked fine in previous version of Google Chrome.  Updated Google Chrome today and web interface for Arlo Pro no longer works.  Cannot veiw devices.  Have no issues viewing devices in Android app on my smartphone but screen is way too tiny to be of any real use.  Need to use a web interface.  New Arlo Pro user here - very disappointed so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As of Google Chrome 57, control of plugins has been depreciated, hence there is no longer access to chrome://plugins, user can no longer manage plugins.  You CAN control content for PDF and Flash, however, via chrome://settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings.  And this was all I had to do, allow access to Flash from Netgear site - Flash content had been blocked by default after I upgraded Google Chrome today - that's my best guess.  Unblocked - problem solved.  Hope this helps anyone else on Linux who installs the latest version of Google Chrome and has issues using the Arlo Pro web app.  Previous version of Google Chrome had worked fine so was perplexed why it did not behave with new version of browser.  I only use Google Chrome where I need to view pages with Flash content - which are few and far between.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I'm running google chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64 bit) and I'm having no issues.   You didn't indicate which version of the operating system you are running.  

I'm not aware of "flash being built in" to chrome.  I'd suggest installing the latest version of flash (for chrome), I'm on Adobe flash player 25 (PPAPI).  

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-google-chrome.html

There is not an issue on the netgear side, it's your browser.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As of Google Chrome 57, control of plugins has been depreciated, hence there is no longer access to chrome://plugins, user can no longer manage plugins.  You CAN control content for PDF and Flash, however, via chrome://settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings.  And this was all I had to do, allow access to Flash from Netgear site - Flash content had been blocked by default after I upgraded Google Chrome today - that's my best guess.  Unblocked - problem solved.  Hope this helps anyone else on Linux who installs the latest version of Google Chrome and has issues using the Arlo Pro web app.  Previous version of Google Chrome had worked fine so was perplexed why it did not behave with new version of browser.  I only use Google Chrome where I need to view pages with Flash content - which are few and far between.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be a Linux install difference.  I just updated mine, too, on W10 with no issues.  Good catch!