Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding Arlo to Arlo Pro base and constantly "Offline"!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dhanson99
Star
Star

So... I had previsouly owned the Arlo system and 4 cameras and it was working perfectly well for several months.  Then, I got tempted by the new features (audio, talk, siren, etc) on the Arlo Pro and decided to upgrade the base and a couple cameras.

Now, it appears that my older Arlo cameras constantly show "offline" in the app, no matter what I do to trouble shoot. (arlo pro cameras are working fine) I have followed all the steps here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/My-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-camera-...

Older Arlo cameras occassionaly start working again for a few hours, and then shows offline.

Anyone else seeing this weird behavior, and have you found any solution??  

no a viable solution as it stands today... completely unreliable.  thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dhanson99
Star
Star

An update, followed a couple steps support told me to try... not sure what did it, but has been working great again for past 2 days!  

Steps I took:

1. re-synced "offline" cameras with base

2. powered off router and arlo base station, then powered up router, and then finally base station

3. moved base station to more central part of the house (not sure if this did it, since it was working just fine before with older base)

something did the trick, and all working well.  thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been running / testing the PRO and Arlo cams on the Arlo base... Jeff is running the PRO Base and some Arlo cameras and PRO...He hasn't mentioned any problems

( he'll chime in here if wrong )

You can always put in a trouble ticket to get the problem noted..they might have an answr.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mchinsomboon
Star
Star

Be sure to update the firmware on everything, including the older Arlo cameras. We did a similar upgrade - replaced all base stations with the new Pro base stations, and most all the Arlo cameras with the wireless Pro cameras, and only kept a few of the older Arlo HD cameras. We had some initial issues with online/offline, but It's been about 2 weeks now good thus far without issues - very stable now.

dhanson99
Star
Star

thanks for responding.  glad to hear someone is having success with both Arlo and Arlo Pro on an Pro Base.

I contacted support and they told me there is a new firmware that I should have available to me to update to (cant get it show up no matter what though).

I am on version 1.2.7730.  Does anyone have a newer version that is working well?  thanks.

dhanson99
Star
Star

An update, followed a couple steps support told me to try... not sure what did it, but has been working great again for past 2 days!  

Steps I took:

1. re-synced "offline" cameras with base

2. powered off router and arlo base station, then powered up router, and then finally base station

3. moved base station to more central part of the house (not sure if this did it, since it was working just fine before with older base)

something did the trick, and all working well.  thanks!

jaut
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, does the recording lag time on the original Arlo camera improve when it is paired with the Pro base station? thanks