Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ken254
Follower
Follower

I bought the Arlo wireless camera system back in 2015. In the past month, I wanted to upgrade and add the Arlo Pro Cameras.  I purchased two Arlo Pro cameras to add to my existing Arlo base.  Immediately I noticed that the new cameras were lagging in speed and the video was very pixelated.  I called Arlo and we tried numerous things that did not work.  I came to the conclusion that I need to purchase the Arlo Pro base system with the new cameras(Arlo Pro).  The difference was night and day.  

My suggestion, if you upgrade to Arlo Pro, you probably should make sure you upgrade the base station also.  It will save you the headache of calling Tech support.  The cameras run smoother and no pixelation or lag in speed.  I love the rechargeable battery packs- saves you a lot of money.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ken254,

Thank you for the feedback. This could indicate that there was a problem with the original Arlo Base station. Arlo Pro cameras are backward compatible and should have no issues when synced to the original base.

I would like to review your support case. Please provide the support case number and I will take a look and offer any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC