Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Doormaster2008
Initiate
Initiate

Why do i keep getting Access token has expired. When this comes up i have to either delete the app and reinstall it or change my password. It wont even accept my fingerprint

54 REPLIES 54
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@allan_p wrote: Why don't they just tell me to install the new one and delete the old one? That's bad customer support.

They are offering both to ease the transistion (allowing people to have both apps on their phone for a bit).

BTW, the updated "legacy" one has slightly different coloring on the icon, to make it easier to tell it apart from the Arlo Technologies one.

Personally I'm just running the new Arlo Technologies one.

allan_p
Aspirant
Aspirant

The legacy icon looks the same as the new version on my phone. I just long-press the icon and selcet "app info", scroll down to the bottom and you can see the version number. Then I uninstalled the older version.

Thanks for letting me know about the new version.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@allan_p wrote:

The legacy icon looks the same as the new version on my phone.

Apparently it is supposed to be gray.  But I didn't see any difference at all.

allan_p
Aspirant
Aspirant
As far as I can tell, the icon on the phone is the same for both versions. But the icon when you search for the app in the Play store is gray for the legacy version and the regular colour for the current version.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@allan_p wrote:
As far as I can tell, the icon on the phone is the same for both versions. But the icon when you search for the app in the Play store is gray for the legacy version and the regular colour for the current version.

That is a bit annoying, since it makes it hard to know which one you are uninstalling.

But I only have the new one installed anyway.