Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Yodaman84
Aspirant
Aspirant

You use to be able to have the Pro cameras sound the alarm when activated, Not that can only be done with the Pro 2. 

Way to not tell anyone and take away a big deterrent someone uses for home security.  Why doesn't Arlo ever email what the updates are so we know? Close to ditching the system because of bad customer service issues like this. 

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to configure this with a custom mode. The option is still available.

Yodaman84
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. Can you please walk me through the steps of doing that? I can’t figure it out.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here on creating custom modes. All details are in there.

Yodaman84
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is nothing attached to read and no link. Can you help me with this? I am not text savvy so all the help would be appreciated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the Support link at the top here. Use the search bar (What Are You Looking For?) and select the Support Articles on the left side near the top to filter the results. Or select your camera for videos and FAQs.

Yodaman84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t fins how to when searching. Can’t someone from Arlo just tell me how? Or send me a direct link. What the point of getting Arlo if it’s harder than a wired system. Needs to be more user friendly or have a list of how to do’s
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"God helps those who help themselves." - Ben Franklin

I was trying to get you to use some brain power to learn to navigate the site and find the answer for yourself which is by far the best solution.

https://kb.arlo.com/1101750/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-camera

https://kb.arlo.com/1145368/How-do-I-create-a-rule-that-includes-a-siren-trigger

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Yodaman84 wrote:
I can’t fins how to when searching. Can’t someone from Arlo just tell me how? Or send me a direct link. What the point of getting Arlo if it’s harder than a wired system. Needs to be more user friendly or have a list of how to do’s

While I agree on wanting systems to be easier to use and more intuitive in general, I don’t see a correlation regarding whether it is wired or wireless in terms of ease of use.  The ease of use is a completely separate issue from how a camera is powered and/or transmits video and data.  So, if all things were equal, the primary reason to buy an Arlo wireless system rather than a wired system would be that your application requires wireless cameras.  If not, you should never buy a wireless camera.  Wires are always superior in terms of power and most often better in terms of signal strength, reliability and immunity interference.

Yodaman84
Aspirant
Aspirant
That would assume I bought the cameras for the purpose of being wore free. A more user friendly system is part of that as well. Direct correlation. All things aren’t equal when talking about Arlo cameras.. maybe in your opinion, but not everyone’s. Alro is in the subscription. service full bore now. The ease of use is now pay per play.

Thanks for the post
Yodaman84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the post it really helps, and does appreciated..

And I’m not trying to spend a lot of “brain power” on cameras that cost over $1000, nor do I want to spend unnneded time on a forum searching for answers to questions that Arlo should have easy links to. The system is overpriced for what it is. That should drive ease of use with the engineers.

But you links did help.