Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO camera lag time and ARO PRO system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EpicGod
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Arlo system and lag time on that is 15+ seconds. The new Arlo Pro im told is 2 seconds of lag time - if that.

If I purchase the Arlo Pro and connect 2 original Arlo cameras to the Pro, will the original Arlo cameras give
me the same lag time as before?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

EpicGod wrote:

I have the Arlo system and lag time on that is 15+ seconds. The new Arlo Pro im told is 2 seconds of lag time - if that.

If I purchase the Arlo Pro and connect 2 original Arlo cameras to the Pro, will the original Arlo cameras give
me the same lag time as before?

The Arlo cameras do have some lag time, much more than the PRO.... this is due to a hardware change in the cameras.

The Arlos will react the same if used on a PRO base or not. It is what it is.

But, in order to improve the lag problem in the Arlo, try and place it in different locations for best results... exp; I had to mount my Arlo away from my door ( facing it as opposed to facing out ) so a person entering starts the trigger event and I record all of them at and walking from the door.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

TomMac wrote:

But, in order to improve the lag problem in the Arlo, try and place it in different locations for best results... exp; I had to mount my Arlo away from my door ( facing it as opposed to facing out ) so a person entering starts the trigger event and I record all of them at and walking from the door.

Sorry Tom,

Didn't get that......(I'm a little slower than usual). Did you mean your camera is now facing the door, instead of facing out? Just need to verify that......I have similar problem, need to resolve it.

Thanks,

Paul

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Paul_FCCL wrote:

TomMac wrote:

Sorry Tom,

Didn't get that......(I'm a little slower than usual). Did you mean your camera is now facing the door, instead of facing out? Just need to verify that......I have similar problem, need to resolve it.

Thanks,

Paul

That is what I did.  I have a 5 foot narrow entry way to my front door.  It did not matter where I installed the camera in that entry way, motion detection was LACKLUSTER at best.  The only solution was to move the camera away from the door and onto a tree facing the door.  It triggers when the subject moved into the FOV, walking towards my door, and get a "frontal view" as the subjects walks away from my door back down the driveway.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Thanks HR, might have to try something like that with my camera too.

Paul