Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

ARLO Pro base station VMB 4000 not connecting to the app after changing the Wifi provider

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bluejaya
Follower
Follower

S/N 4RD1727FA1587

Problem started after I switched broadband provider from Sky to BT.

I did reset the ARLO pro base station and tried to install it at least 15 times. Everytime I get the same message "No ARLO devices found. 

I have two green lights and one orange light on the base.

I have a outdoor garden camera light, indoor camera and a door bell that I need to connect to this base station. Can you please advise? I do not want to pay monthly for online support

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to contact BT support to ensure ports 80, 123 and 443 are open. Who owns your router? If it's yours you shouldn't need to make changes but there have been instances of ISPs needing to reconfigure something to allow Arlo to work.

BTW, you shouldn't have needed to do anything other than to turn off the base, unplug it from the old router and plug it into the new one. Did you try that first? Also, since you reset the base, be sure you also removed all devices from your account before trying to add the base back in (you can't add a device that's already been added to your account).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You may want to contact BT support to ensure ports 80, 123 and 443 are open.

IMO a waste of time.  BT is a major ISP in the UK, and if this were the problem we'd be flooded with folks reporting this issue. Plus this is really only an issue on corporate networks that are blocking internet traffic or using proxies.

Though if you do have parental controls enabled, you might try disabling them.

@jguerdat wrote:

BTW, you shouldn't have needed to do anything other than to turn off the base, unplug it from the old router and plug it into the new one. 

Agreed.

At this point, you should first look at your router's attached device list, and see if the base station shows up there.

If it is not there: One possibility with newer routers that support multigig ethernet:  Some of these routers have dropped fast ethernet support (which is what the base uses).  Another is that the LAN port in the router might not be working.  A third possibility is that the LAN port you chose is dedicated (only for a set top box or VOIP phone).  Either way,  you can try a different LAN port in the router.  If you have a switch, you could also put that in between the router and the base.

If it is there:  You might look for evidence that the router is blocking internet access for the base for some reason.

Resetting the base with a paper clip is a good idea (no downside at this point, and it could resolve the problem).

Also, try using both a phone and a PC (my.arlo.com) to add back the base.  Make sure any VPN software or internet security software is turned off during the install attempt.