Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Believefilms
Guide
Guide

MY ARLO PRO ARE  stuck at "getting information" SINCE YESTERDAY, I CANT CHANGE THE MODE, CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE

92 REPLIES 92
Dain___
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. Stuck at getting information both on my Iphone and Ipad.

Arlo App Version: 2.5.0

I can however change from active/inactive/schedule via a webb browser.

Believefilms
Guide
Guide

I Called arlo today, i issue has been fixed. so i unsync the camera and reboot the base station, sync the camera again and after that everything was working fine , I'm able to control the modes now from my device and computers. 

Believefilms
Guide
Guide

I Called arlo today, i issue has been fixed. so i unsync the camera and reboot the base station, sync the camera again and after that everything was working fine , I'm able to control the modes now from my device and computers. 

EvrenErtay
Guide
Guide

I  updated my arlo app yesterday and it is not working propoerly now.

I am using an Iphone 6 and my mobile is working fine:

The issues are:

1-The motion icon on top of each device is  not present

2-When I try to watch live a camera, I can hear the sound but video is stagnant

3- When i press  mode, it says "gett'ng information'' and stays taht way, can switch between armed, disarmed modes

Is there a problem with the new update of the arlo app on iphone/IOS?

Thanks

MoiBarberi
Guide
Guide

My iOS app is stuck in getting information and I am unavailable to setup a mode. I tried everything, I deleted the app, reinstalled, reboot the iPhone and iPad, reboot the base station and nothing happened.

need help urgently 

Hendy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue...plus mine have stopped recording. I'm not getting notifications anymore either.

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @MoiBarberi,

Currently, Arlo is experiencing issue regarding their application. Customers who have an ios device that has the latest app version (2.5.0) are unbale to do live stream, or shows getting status on their ios devices. However, when account is accessed on a non ios  device, cameras are working perfectly fine.

Try to access your account using another device like a computer to check if cameras are streaming.

Mytria
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s been a week now of trying to mess with my 4 Arlo cameras but they just suddently stopped recording and not detecting any motions. When I check the app, everything is fine and I can love stream everything but when I check the mode in the arlo IOS app, it’s stuck in “getting information” even after waiting a good 30 mins.
The weird part is that I tried to access the mode through a web browser and I can saw that the mode is “armed” so im just not sure as to whats going on.
Please help! Thanks!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easiest thing to try is a reboot ( power button off then on , let it come back online, about 2mins )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has released several backend improvements that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

ColdBrew
Guide
Guide

It is still an issue for me. I am not able to change modes with my iPhone. I still just get "Getting Information".

iTem70
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
Still the same problem. No notifications and Getting Info is stuck
Mytria
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunate that is one of the first thing I treid along with resetting my router but no luck.
Dain___
Tutor
Tutor

Yup, still same for me too 😞

"Getting info..." still on my Iphone and Ipad, but i works through the browser on my Windows machine.

Also, it doesn't seem to generate notifications anymore. If I activate/arm the system via the browser and it detects motion on any of the cameras I don't get a notification on my phone. 

The new film clip just appears under the library tab, but it doesn't tell me that something has been filmed.

ColdBrew
Guide
Guide

My wife also does not get notifications on her iPhone.

samarasc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Things have been hit or miss for me, the entire system was down from 05/13 until around 05/19.  Now I am able to access the system via the web and iOS app but the notifications do not work as others have described.  In general this has been a poor showing for netgear.

paaland
Tutor
Tutor

I can login to web page or app (android) and I can see live camera feeds. But if I try the "mode" tab it says on "Getting status..." a while then claims the base station is offline. Going back to the camera's they are now also marked as offline, but refreshing web page (or restarting app) I can again see live camera feeds. It's just the mode selection (and therefor alarms) that does not work.

I've tried to power cycle the base station as well as choosing "reboot" in the app.

Any ideas?

Base station: VMB4000r3

Camera: 3x H8

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

This issue has been reported here in several posts. The issue is on the Arlo side. Some people have the mode working normally, some get the getting status message, some it works on the webpage but not the app, some it doesn't work on either. 

Crooked
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. Reinstalling app, restarting basestations + cameras does not resolve the issue.

Crooked
Tutor
Tutor

I'm letting you know that the problem is still there.

Farrall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Notifications hardly come through. Email sometimes works. But app doesnt say motion detected. It does record some but not all.
Geofencing not always working properly either.
All since the last update!
Dain___
Tutor
Tutor

Today it's working for me! Smiley LOL

I can now choose mode again and it doesn't halt on "getting information...". It also works again via my IFTTT-applets.

Nick_357
Star
Star

Still not working for me. 2.5.1 on two different IOS devices. We have 2 base stations and just "getting information" on both.

Tried reinstalling, logging in/out with two different users, reseting base stations, deleting all modes on a windows platform and making new rules, still no luck.

Works on wifes 2.4.9 on both Iphone and Ipad.

I notice that the ARLO app has no access to location services information in IOS/settings, which is there on 2.4.9.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

SunnySD
Initiate
Initiate
While I can change modes on my MacBook, the problem still persist on iPhone even after updating to the latest version off the app.. Like everyone else, I have reset the base to factory defaults, resynced the cameras, but to no avail. Renders this system useless if I can’t arm/disarm from my iPhone. This is frustrating and I feel I wasted money on a product that’s not ready for prime time. which I really don’t get given the reputation of Netgear. PLEASE FIX THIS!
KT1978
Initiate
Initiate

Status from phone app saying GETTING INFORMATION, however when I log in from computer it says ARMED. Cameras will work on LIVE view but will not record activity. Things I have already tried to correct: Reboot phone, remove and reinstall app, reboot entire camera system from app, unplug base station (power and internet) for 1 min and start back up along with internet router.