Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Slono
Guide
Guide
Hi, is anybody else experiencing a problem with the Arlo Pro where the slider for the recording time is stuck at 10 seconds and won't let you adjust it? The first time it happened I power cycled the base station and it's been stuck ever since. I am using an apple iPhone with the latest version of IOS.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I know you may not want to hear...can you try Fire Fox.

I've seen it work where the other didn't.

After that, first try a power button reboot of the base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Use the web portal via a computer. There have been issues with the iOS apps not working properly.
Slono
Guide
Guide

I took your advice and tried using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.  With BOTH browsers I encountered an error where all my hardware showed "OFFLINE" when they were all clearly online.  My iPhone shows they are all online, and I tested this by walking in front of the cameras and testing the base station alarm.  So now I am left with an IOS APP that cannot adjust the recording time and issues with Netgear's online configuration that is not able to retrieve information from my hardware due to connection (OFFLINE) issues. 

Somebody tell me what's going on beause this is extremely frustrating, especially after paying $900 CAN for a pack of 4 cameras and a base station.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I know you may not want to hear...can you try Fire Fox.

I've seen it work where the other didn't.

After that, first try a power button reboot of the base unit

Morse is faster than texting!
Slono
Guide
Guide

So I tried Firefox and everything works dandy.  The IOS app, google chrome and Microsoft Edge still don't work but at least I can adjust it now. 

Thanks or suggesting Firefox.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slono,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app on your iOS device, are you still experiencing the issue?

For your web browser, be sure Flash is enabled and up to date, that could cause the issue you are describing.

JamesC

Slono
Guide
Guide
I've reinstalled the Arlo App on my iPhone 6 and it no longer has that issue. The issue now (and has been since I started using the app) is that the settings seem to change by themselves, specially the mode settings. On occasion the app does not even display the little pencil (edit) icon for me to adjust the time adjustment sliders. Sometimes the recording setting is disabled and I have to enable it again.

It seems like the app makes changes to my settings whenever it feels like.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slono,

Consider rebooting your base station and your phone (power cycle the base using tone on-off button). Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC