Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life 1 camera drains and drops offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
ab4968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have ARLO pro and live in Central Illinois, just set up system about 2 weeks ago and we have now hit cold weather ..6-20 degrees F... all batteries show between 80-95% except one... it went to 5% over night from 90+%.... recharged it and warmed it up and it was at 96% this morning and now it's showing offline prob from battery life.... I know cold affects the battery but this much so fast???

9 REPLIES 9
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try swapping a different battery in that camera and seeing if it does the same thing. To see if it's a camera issue, or battery issue.

ab4968
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 extra batteries I purchased that are ready to go... going to do that tonight once I get home...
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

all batteries show between 80-95% except one

All seem normal except one..... swapp as mentioned and see if the problem is the battery pack... If the second battery pack does the same, swap with another camera to eliminate all possiblities

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ab4968
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just odd that it goes "offline"... internet is strong and it's well within distance from base ... will try the above mentioned ideas and see what comes of it... worse case it's warranty issue
sam8599
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also need help about battery life. Have the unit in St. Paul, MN. Battery went from 100% to 13% in 50 days. Need a solar option or alternative. Pain to replace the battery when you have to climb up in this winter... any suggestions?

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
i have one camera that does this. i suspect the battery is faulty. it goes from 100% to ~25% in under 8 hours and goes offline. if i leave it on the charger it stays online for days.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
100% to13% in 50 days is about right. You may be able to get longer life by repositioning so fewer videos are taken and/or reduce recording length.

A battery that drops to 25% in 8 hours is an issue. Swap batteries between cameras to verify.
ab4968
Aspirant
Aspirant
I may have camera issue... put new battery in out of box and in the camera and it only showed 20%.... batteries are 100% charged from factory..plugged it in and it not adjusting percentage unless I unplug it and reconnect then it shows updated battery percentage
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ab4968,

The battery could be draining due to the camera location (poor signal strength or interference). Temporarily relocate the camera close to the base station and test again to see if you get the same results.

JamesC