Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

A mix of cameras adding 6th

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stevie51
Follower
Follower
I have a mix of cameras. I have 3 pro cameras and 2 original cameras and they all work together great.
I want to add a 6th camera (original). I don’t need anymore than the free 7 day storage etc.
what options do I have? Can I turn one of my pro’s into the super smart package detection thing and just add this camera as a basic like the rest? Or do I have to put a plan on all of them, adding the 6th as a half price extra? I am trying to save money obviously, and I don’t really need anything fancy, I just want a 6th camera but without paying a huge monthly fee for all of them. TIA
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stevie51 wrote:
I have a mix of cameras. I have 3 pro cameras and 2 original cameras and they all work together great.
I want to add a 6th camera (original). I don’t need anymore than the free 7 day storage etc.
what options do I have?
  1. Get a subscription for one camera (leaving the others on the free plan)
  2. Purchase a second base, and create a second account for it.  Put at least one camera on that new base.  Use grant access to allow you to see / manage those cameras from your existing account.

Option 1 costs you $3.99 per month in the US. 

Option 2 costs about $80 (current US amazon price for a VMB4000 base), with no subscription needed.