Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlonumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not like marketing emails. Period. Or spam, as others call it.

I must have now spent a day, of my time, in attempting to unsubscribe to Arlos marketing emails. There is no easy button to do this. It just does not exist.

Every time I log in, it asks me if I want to keep updated with marketing and asks me to subscribe. My answer is always no. This is getting beyond irritating. Then I go into, 'My Arlo', to see where my subscription/marketing settings are, but there are none, so I cannot chose to permanently turn this off.

Even though I clearly do not want marketing emails and have unsubscribed, via the email link, at least 60 times, I still get marketing emails from no_reply@e.arlo.com.

Weirdly, even though I clearly say no, have removed my email address from marketing emails, and have taken screen grabs of me doing this, any time I log in, like clockwork, I get a marketing email the next day.

This MUST stop!!!!!!

Please get your devs, to put in a marketing email section, in my Arlo, so this madness can end once and for all.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi arlonumpty,

Could you provide some of the screenshots of the marketing email that you received?

arlonumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 07.04.59.jpg

arlonumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlonumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here you go.

arlonumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if you got any of those as it does not upload via my browser window after sending.

For a while it was three to five emails a month, Then when I requested the emails stop that went down to 3 emails a month.

Then it would randomly go from 3 emails to 1 email a month, depending on how many times I tried to stop the spamming.

I had a Junk mail firlter on for AUgust and September but had to turn that off as it was catching more than Arlos spam. Then it went back to 3 emails a month from Arlo in November. Then I started manually deleting them as I had to give up on trying to tell Arlo to stop sending Spam.

Then a new one today, and so it begins for 2021. Can you please stop sending spam emails to me . PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 07.11.44.jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for those screenshots. Could you try hitting "unsubscribe" again at the bottom of the email and confirm to stop receiving marketing emails and let me know again if you still receive them after you hit "unsubscribe"?

arlonumpty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still getting them. This is maybe the 40th time I have request these spam emails to stop.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to confirm, were you still receiving these emails after hitting "unsubscribing" on Jan 12, 2021? Could you let us know the date of the email you received after you hit "unsubscribe"?