Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

A Word About Arlo Support (WOW)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
FormerArloUser
Guide
Guide

Trying to get anything out of NETGEAR support has been frustrating, at best. Forget about finding a phone number on this site. The first phone number I found on google disconnected me multiple times. I then tried chat support, which cancelled my request because there were no chat personnel available. Really? I finally called and was connected to a guy in SouthWestAsia somewhere. He said we don't have anyone so we'll call you back. Right.

He actually called me back! He wants to take control of my computer and my dumb ass lets him. He goes through all these files and blames it on my router, it's corrupted. The only way to fix it is with the $99/yr plan. I told him I only have 3 cams and don't want to pay $99/yr. Then he tells me it's 1 time fee. Fix all my problems. Now I'm thinking he's not being honest so I shut down my computer. He asks me why I shut it down. Told him I don't trust him. He tells me "F$#K YOU!" I ask him, what did you say? He hangs up the phone. That's NETGEAR support. Pay us $ or F$#K YOU!

Needless to say, I can't wait to rip this NETGEAR arlo crap off my walls and dump it to someone who doesn't know any better on Craigslist. ARLO cams lag like crazy and now they can't even alert my phone. They're useless to me. NEVER NETGEAR!

Never Netgear!
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@FormerArloUser

There are many posts in this forum cautioning people not to use the 800 number you find on Google. It is a SCAM!

If you follow the Support banner below and go through a couple of pages you will find the correct number for your country. I have used the US number twice and the people were very helpful, although I did have a little trouble understanding them.

Brian

FormerArloUser
Guide
Guide

I find no numbers "below" that let me speak with anyone.

Never Netgear!
FormerArloUser
Guide
Guide

What number do you find? When I click on "support" it does nothing but take me into a maze of nothingness.

Never Netgear!
brh
Master
Master

@FormerArloUser

First click on the Contact Support link in the green banner at the bottom of this page.

On the next page click on the Contact Support link on the green banner on that page.

On the third page, it asks if you still want to talk to someone and has a dropdown box for the various countries.

Beneath that, there is a USA phone number if you are calling from the USA.

But, to save you time here is the link to the third page:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Brian

FormerArloUser
Guide
Guide

I had to use google because it was easier than using this site!!  NEVER NETGEAR!

Never Netgear!
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

First of all, you got scammed, that was not Netgear or Arlo support. I'm an engineer working in IT....... NEVER let any "support" person remote into your computer. NEVER!!! Most likely you probably now have a trojan or virus on your computer stealing personal information and or files or leaving a remote connection available for them to get back in or your computer is now being used to mine bitcoin (crypto currency). I would do a full virus scan and also download Malwarebytes and let it do a full scan. Remove anything your anti-virus and/or Malwarebytes finds. If you see any remote control software listed in Windows 10 "Apps and Features", uninstall it.

To contact support, it's just two clicks (3 if your outside the US). Scroll down and click "Contact Support", scroll down and click "Contact Support", scroll down and the US number is there by default. If outside the US, click the drop down menu and choose your country. Simple.