Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Hello!

In browsing the forum, I've seen mention that there is a limit of 5 cameras that can "stream" at the same time. Does that literally mean someone watching 5 cameras at once live? Or does that mean it will only motion-monitor 5 at a time? I just want to make 100% sure I understand.

I don't have a use to watch live - I have this for the notifications of motion.

If I have 6 cameras on one base (and a paid subscription) - my Arlo app will show all 6 on the devices tab?

Also...is there any benefit at all to splitting cameras up into 2 stations - for instance if I have 6 is there any benefit to getting a 2nd base station and having them split up 3 on one and 3 on another? (Distance/range is not an issue for me, I seem to have great signal everywhere.)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can have up to 15 cameras on one base but only 5 can be streaming via live view or recording. It's a limitation of the base.  Of course, your upload speeds will have an effect on this.

All cameras will show in one app in your scenario.

Splitting cameras between two bases can be useful, especially if you need more streaming at once or need/want to "zone" the cameras.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can have up to 15 cameras on one base but only 5 can be streaming via live view or recording. It's a limitation of the base.  Of course, your upload speeds will have an effect on this.

All cameras will show in one app in your scenario.

Splitting cameras between two bases can be useful, especially if you need more streaming at once or need/want to "zone" the cameras.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hi 🙂
Correct, only 5 cameras can live stream simultaneously. All cameras will be active in normal recording mode to detect motion and record at the same time if need be.

Yes, if you have a subscription, all cameras on your account will be visible in the app or web interface
The only benefit of multiple base stations is to get better signal strength to all cameras. If you don't have a problem with that, just stick to one base

abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Thank you all for the clarification!

Just want to say I absolutely LOVE my Arlo Pro cameras, and I'm not one for giving praise of having good luck at all. Hoping to add a 6th camera when $$ allow. I have a home security system, but having this extra level on the outside - especially with alerts is the peace of mind I've needed. Everything works perfectly and I haven't had any the problems I've read about (read after I bought, so I was very nervous).