Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Eddie84
Tutor
Tutor

After a recent update by arlo, I can no longer set my time on and off during the day while at home.

I had the cameras off during the day to save batteries.   But can't figure out to re-set now? 

31 REPLIES 31
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eddie84 wrote:

Didn't get the link? 

Message 22.

Rusty6
Guide
Guide

Thanks Guru, but I’m still unable to get Geo Fencing and Schedule to work together.  I’ve setup on/off schedules - they work fine independent from Geo Fence.  I’ve sent up the Geo Fence functions and it works fine.  However, I’m unable to get the schedule and geo fence to work together.  This was easy on the old App - can’t figure it out on the new one.  

Here is the basic requirement… When I’m home, the system should turn on and off based on a schedule routines.  When I’m away, they system should always be on (ignore) the schedule routines.  I’ve tried various combinations of “enable/disable” Automations in the Modes, but can’t get it to meet the basic requirement.  

Any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not something I've tried but have you looked at the Enable/Disable selections in your automations? I'd think that would be what would be needed. Just quickly, I am not seeing an FAQ that addresses this capability so I'll tag the mods to see what they say. You may want to contact official support for faster results. @JamesC or @ShayneS 

Rusty6
Guide
Guide

Yes, I’ve been trying the enable/disable functions.  I’ve also tried support… The chat bot is awful.  Once I get past the chat bot to a real person, it’s worse.  I’d rather have the chat bot back 😊.  I wish I could return all my Arlo equipment and go with something else.  Everything was great with previous app - Arlo wrecked it 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check out the last post in this thread to see if that helps:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Automation-Mode-Enable-Doesn-t-Work-Arlo-Pro-5/m-p/1900210

A PM to that user may be useful. I'm at a loss without some specific directions such as an FAQ.

Eddie84
Tutor
Tutor

This is the worse system I've ever seen.  The old system, I had trouble setting up my times for on and off, but the new one sucks.  I can't figure it out and have asked for an instruction booklet many times, but it's not available.  I guess I will purchase a different system.