Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sspring92
Star
Star

Since the app udate I have had nothing but probems with my arlo pro.  I have 3 dogs that frequently trigger the camera over night, not only is that rarely happening, I'm no longer getting push notifications.  There is a 30 second or more delay while watching live feed.  While there is some very quite audio to the camera from the app, the audio from the camera to the app has now become broken , popping in and out if it works at all.  I also have to 2 original arlo cameras (with no audio)  I do receive push notifications on these and there is only about a 3 second delay.  These cameras are much further away from the house and the wifi signal, yet they are performing more consistantly.  I was consiering buying an arlo pro 2 to add to my system.  but have decided against it because the arlo pro is now useless as a secutity camera. Anyone else having these problems since the update.  Does anyone know if they are working on the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There's a new version of the iOS (and Android) app which is supposed to fix the no notification issue. Install it and see if it fixes you.

jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had the same issue with the live feed lag. I spoke with one of their techs last week and he advised me that it was due to my internet speeds. I’m at the bottom of the required upload speed (1Mbps). I have had the system for over a year and it has never been a problem until this last update. Since speaking with the tech last week, I have seen countless people posting the same problem on the message boards. I have interacted with several, and they have much faster internet speeds than me. I have also taken my base station and one of my cameras to another home with internet upload speeds 10x faster than mine. Same issue. Live feed cuts in and out and lags behind 30 seconds to 1 minute. I have already tried everything they suggest. Rebooted the base station multiple times and tried changing the flicker adjustment on the base station, which took 2 of my 4 cameras offline even after I changed it back. Nothing is working. They broke their system with the last update. 

sspring92
Star
Star
Is it new since the one a week or 2 ago? Because that’s when my problems started. Everything worked fine except audio before the update.
sspring92
Star
Star
Yes my original Arlo with out audio are working just fine. Guess it’s just the newer ones with the issues.