Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd Base Station saying it’s off line in IOS 11.3.1 when it’s not!!!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

Hi 

Every since app firmware 2.5 and the latest 2.5.1 my second base station is constantly saying it’s off line, sometimes it will be online and when clicking a camera to view it instantly then says and stays offline. 

The thing is is it’s not offline! As it still recording video to the library and also it’s online when you look via the internet so is clearly a new bug in the 2.5 app firmware 

please can you fix this or anyone any ideas, I’ve spend ages resyncing cameras and then base station and then cameras again all to no avail until I then read another post saying the same, so logged in view a computer and the website access shows all online, which they must be to record etc. 

Without it appearing online on phone is completely screwing up my geo fencing and security as can’t use phone!!

please help!!

thanks

paul 

6 REPLIES 6
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

Just to say as well I also have access to an iPhone 6 and that has the same fault within the app so not connect to other app crashing problems people are positing about relating to Face ID on an iPhone X 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pgsullivan,

Does the web client also show the base station as offline (is this what you mean when you say "look via the internet") or is this only happening when using your iOS device?

JamesC

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi James

the web client is online

,.also bizarrely even though offline sometimes it flashes online for a split second when I open app and the background picture updates, then goes offline again.

It also responds as if online, eg motion/sound triggers the recording and then you can even see the recording in the library via the phone app, so clearly just a bug in the app as have deleted app, reinstalled it. Others on the forum are having the same issue?

Thanks
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi James

Also just to add, I selected restart the second base station from within the app Settings, My Devices , and when pressed it went through it’s reboot process, including the bit where it then shows offline as I guess it’s rebooting.

The point I am making is that after the process the device setting change back from offline to back with all the device info and the ability to restart again, so this demonstrates that the base station is live and can be seen to be online within the iOS app as if not would not be able to find the restart option. Even after doing that restart and coming back online within the device settings area, when selecting Devices for the live view mode it still says the base is offline.

Surely evidence of a front end bug in the iOS app ??

Thanks

Paul
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Hi James

This is what is happening now upgraded to to 2.5.2

See the video attached. I have 2 cameras connected to my second base station. One seem to be fine the other constantly says offline in the app, but it’s not really offline. Also when I what the other camera live, it changes the other camera back online for a few seconds
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

@Pgsullivan - I sent you a PM...