Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2FA popup coming up?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

RE 2FA: Spoke today to an Arlo tech in the Philippines. I asked if I could ignore the pop-up demanding that I turn on 2FA, which is proving to be a nightmare for Arlo users. He told unequivocally that I can ignore the 2FA pop-up, and that my cameras and videos will work normally without enabling 2FA. I'm assuming that Arlo has come to it senses. 

PS: I've already downloaded the latest Arlo app. So far, so good.

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have 2FA turned off and have no problems. I rarely got the pop up but it may that  I have it set up but turned off.

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

No idea what's really going on with this but I suspect Arlo's brain trust has realized it kluged the 2FA process badly. I'm not against 2FA in principle — I utilize it with my bank and brokerage — and when it's done correctly it's a valid thing. But Arlo botched their implementation.  And the stock broke $10 last week, so perhaps they're finally figuring a few things out.

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Noticing  now that  cannot download video. Download button no longer responds.Anyone know why and how to remedy?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure if you mean Web Portal or Phone but I just downloaded from both and worked. What have you tried so far?

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

The phone lets me email or text a copy of videos,  but there's no way to save it to a laptop.  The  download button on the web portal is there but does not respond. This is al new as of a day or so ago. I'm not using 2FA.  Could that make a difference? Thanks.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have 2FA off and can still download from Web Portal so no sure why you can't. Mabey try another Browser to check. I use Edge.