Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro not recording. Recognizes motion. Restarting usually helps but not this time.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
IljaTet
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi,

I have issues with my arlo pro camera and base station. Camera recognize motion, but dint make any video records in Armed mode.

Usually helps restart of camera ( battery removing)  and restart of base station.  But last time it didn helped. I tried to make re-sync of the camera and it helped only during 1 hour,  Camera took few videos and recorded it. Now I tried to make reset of the camera and reset of the base station ( holding small hided reset button for 10 seconds with the needle).

After adding base station and camera back it still don't work as it should. Motion is detected, but camera didn't record video from motion. But camera still able to record video manually.

Did some else have such issues, and know a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried increasing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? What happens if you bring a camera closer to the base for testing? Does it then record properly?

GeoProfundo
Tutor
Tutor

I have a similar problem. I have a 5-camera system and one camera stopped recording 3 months ago (around the time of a firmware update). I have tried numerous resets and also removed the camera and re-added it as "new" (All the settings get remembered).

It still refuses to record. I can go to manual mode and see the vision. I can press record, and it counts seconds, but when I press stop, the recording is lost. It won't auto-record ar send motion alerts, either.

GeoProfundo
Tutor
Tutor

Small correction - it DOES save the manual recordings - they just take a while to appear on the cloud.

IljaTet
Aspirant
Aspirant

when it is near the base station ( half meter away)  it took some video in manual mode. I assume it is some king of floating error, because now everything is working. But I spend 2 hours trying to synchronizing camera with a base station after reset, without any success. But when i make power off on camera and on base station at once, it synchronized automatically by it self.

Concerning conditions - i use arlo system for one room protection. Distance between camera and base station around 6 meters. 

Usually I have such issues when camera is not recoding  every 6 month. I thought may be there is a solution how to make system work without interruptions. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. That should clear out any weirdness that may be causing this.

IljaTet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Probably there small gremlin living in this camera. I reset camera, everting was working for some time and now again…

During this period camera was resetted 3-4 times, and now motion sensor not working…. It even not indicating when I try to adjust sensitivity- yellow led don’t appliers…

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi IljaTet,

If your motion detection is not working at all (including when adjusting the motion sensitivity), I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.