Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1GB of Cloud storage enough?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Schao
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is 1GB of storage enough to be an effective security camera? I'd like this to occasionally double as a nanny cam. Considering the price of the storage upgrades, I thought I'd ask before jumping in. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I regularly recorded more than 1GB per 7 days.  The best part is that the size limit hasn't been enforced for maybe 2 years.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Its been more than sufficient for my purposes. I usually have 10-15 30 second clips daily. I usually erase my clips daily.

I often wonder why someone would want to save some much video.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I regularly recorded more than 1GB per 7 days.  The best part is that the size limit hasn't been enforced for maybe 2 years.

Schao
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just as an example; if there's an incident that lasts 30-45min (like a break in), I don't want to lose all of it or part of it before I can view and download it because it got written over by my cat playing with her toy an hour later.. I'm new to this camera so I just want to make sure I'm following best practices. Thanks!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem unless Netgear reinstitutes the sofas limitation. I've heard nothing that would indicate that's going to happen.