Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of 5 cameras won’t charge

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KayCola
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a camera that got down to 0% and died/shut off. Ever since then, I’ve been unable to just plug it back in and it charge. When I plug it in, it shows the lightening bolt as if it’s charging but it actually never does charge no matter how long it stays on the charger. Any suggestions? Has anyone else’s done that?
Netgear ArloPro 2.4g mc4030
Model A-1 rechargeable li-ion battery
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the FAQ here on reviving dead batteries? It can take 6 attempts to get enough charge in the battery for it to operate it normally. Don't let the battery fully discharge.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the FAQ here on reviving dead batteries? It can take 6 attempts to get enough charge in the battery for it to operate it normally. Don't let the battery fully discharge.

KayCola
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I must have been on my 5th attempt of charging. This charge took but I had to disconnect the battery from the pack too and then try charging.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @KayCola,

As jguerdat mentions, try to read the FAQ on what to do if your Arlo Pro batteries are dead here: My Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 battery is dead; what do I do?

iceilor
Initiate
Initiate

The troubleshooting article did not resolve the issue for me. I called tech support and they asked me to try a battery from another camera, remove the device and reconnect it, examine the battery and camera terminals, etc. They decided it was a camera fault. However, because I'm apparantly "out of warranty", refused to do anything for me - no replacement camera, battery nor charger. Very unfortunate that they don't recognize they have a poor quality product on their hands as many others are now facing the same issues after they have used the cameras for more than 1 year.

Because I get the "incompatible charger" message (I always use the Arlo charger and cord) on multiple cameras, I suspect the issue isn't with the 1 camera I have but rather a systemic issue with their batteries and/or chargers. 

Hopefully Arlo can respond appropriately and actually address this issue since I like the product/service in general but with so many good alternatives I'll be looking to switch otherwise.