Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 camera constantly offline

Discussion stats
amunguia
Follower
Follower
I just bought a Arlo pro 4 camera system and synced it all worked great. Then I started to notice 1 of the cameras kept going offline right after setup (the 3rd camera to be exact ) I've done
- pulled the battery and reinstalled it
- switch the battery with another camera
- resynced the camera about 5 times
-reset the base unit
-reset the router

I've done everything I could think of and the camera goes offline about 30 mins after I reset it. While testing the camera its literally 2-3 feet away from the base unit and it still goes offline. I am under the 14 days return policy but I'd hate to return the whole system for 1 faulty camera as the system is not at any local Bestbuy I ordered it online.
Any recommendations thanks
37 REPLIES 37
lwhitty
Tutor
Tutor

Similar problem here. Bought a 4 camera system in December, and had 2 DOA cameras right off the bat. Spent hours trying to troubleshoot. Worked with Netgear support, and they sent 2 brand new cameras. From those 2, one started going offline every couple of hours, then couldn't get it to go online ever. If I hadn't had good success with other Netgear products, I would have returned this system to Best Buy and have been done with it. I decided to give Netgear another chance, since this would be such an awesome system if it worked. I packed everything up, went to Best Buy, and exchanged everything for a brand new system. I told them the situation, and they gave me another 30 day period to return it if I continued to have issues.  All 4 cameras with the new system synced, updated firmware, & were online with no problems. 24 hours later, still no problems. I have my fingers crossed...

kbhit
Star
Star

Just curious, dd they charge you to do the RMA shipment?  Mine was defective in just over a week and am told I have to pay for the RMA shipments.  It will be cheaper for me to just return the thing to Bestbuy at no charge.  I have 2 days to decide.  My experience with their support has been so bad I'm not sure I will even keep the Netgear Arlo Pro system at all.

Lulu13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought from best buy and the battery won't charge unless I keep it plugged in to work, then it won't sync with base, taking it back all the time I wasted trying to get it work. Never will from this company again.
jhudsonwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

So there are a couple of ways to do this: You can either pay to send it to them and then they send out a free one to you. Or you can pay for a 2 day or overnight RMA. If you do that there is a free label in the box to send it back. Honestly if you have the choice (I got mine off amazon) I would just take it back to Bestbuy as an exchange and see if you have better luck.

jay2103982
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am having the same issue. will be calling tech support after work. Seems odd that this is a common problem. and I am concerned as it will not be operational when it is needed

Jcoren619
Star
Star

Having same exact issue bought a 4 pack from Best Buy and 1 camera won't stay online and because the 1 camera that won't stay online, is constantly trying to talk to the base the battery quickly depletes.

after an hour of trouble shooting on the phone, they agreed to send me a new camera after only if I paid to ship the bad camera back... I mean what a joke, anyway I spent $10 shipped it to them, then got my new camera 5 days after that.

long story short, got my new camera and now I am having the exact same issue, just now it's with a different camera. That camera worked fine for three weeks and now it won't stay online but the camera the just sent me now works fine.

obviously there is some sort of bug that netgear is either aware of or they should. I called support and told them they have a day to fix this or its all going right back to Best Buy.... this stinks and is not worth the headache!

kbhit
Star
Star

I had a defector one and swapped the whole kit at Bestbuy.  Then the second kit also had a defective one.  With lots of headaches, got Netgear to replace the second defective one free of charge.  After lots of headaches, finally got working cameras.

Jcoren619
Star
Star

Just tried again calling support bc their escalation unit never called back and they tell me there is no way to speak with someone in the USA. This is wayyyyy to difficult, Best Buy here I come!!!

And netgear it's your own fault, I bought something in the USA not Philippines, don't provide me "support" 5000 miles away and give them zero authority to even attempt to fix the problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcoren619,

It sounds like WiFi interference could be playing a part in the issue you describe if you're now seeing the same behavior on another camera. If you provide your case number, I will take a look at your case and offer any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

Jcoren619
Star
Star
Shame on you netgear!!!

No it has nothing to do with WiFi interference because as I stated a completely different camera in a completely different location is giving me the same constant "offline problem."

And the fact that netgear is so penny wise pound foolish that they roll out a new product to the USA market and then setup "support" in the Phillipines with representatives that neither understand the system they are supporting and even worse have ZERO authority to attempt to solve the problem is a joke.

And even worse is that once Netgear's brand new system is faulty out of the box, they have the nerve to ask the consumer to pay to ship their faulty equipment back to them and won't ship out a replacement until their faulty equipment has been received.

I swapped the whole system out at Best Buy, so far so good but I have 12 days to return it and believe me once sign of trouble and it's going back, this time for good!!!!
Ricoandlucy12
Aspirant
Aspirant
My internet went down for a day and I coukdnt get the camera to come back online so I removed both cameras and tried to resync the cameras. The blue successful sync light came on but they are still saying offline
Jcoren619
Star
Star
Ricoandlucky,

Welcome to my world and then next thing you will no the camera battery will die bc it's searching for the base the whole time.

And then netgear will tell you there's nothing wrong with it but spend money to mail it back to them... good luck!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ricoandlucy12 wrote:
My internet went down for a day and I coukdnt get the camera to come back online so I removed both cameras and tried to resync the cameras. The blue successful sync light came on but they are still saying offline

Power cycle the base - that usually fixes the issue.