Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 camera constantly offline

Discussion stats
amunguia
Follower
Follower
I just bought a Arlo pro 4 camera system and synced it all worked great. Then I started to notice 1 of the cameras kept going offline right after setup (the 3rd camera to be exact ) I've done
- pulled the battery and reinstalled it
- switch the battery with another camera
- resynced the camera about 5 times
-reset the base unit
-reset the router

I've done everything I could think of and the camera goes offline about 30 mins after I reset it. While testing the camera its literally 2-3 feet away from the base unit and it still goes offline. I am under the 14 days return policy but I'd hate to return the whole system for 1 faulty camera as the system is not at any local Bestbuy I ordered it online.
Any recommendations thanks
37 REPLIES 37
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If swapping is out of the question, you'll need to open a case with support.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
dane
Star
Star

Have the exact same proble, tried everything and yet to have camera working for me, contacted Arlo support a week ago and so far has just been a back and forth of emails, stating looking in to it, sending to second level, after that level, again  trying to call only never received call and now back to work I'll call tomorrow again. This is really poor customer service, first I have the mount issue and now can't  even get one of the cameras working since day one. This is after spending for the 4 camera package.

b1gted
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact problem.  When reading your message, I could have written it,  it is that close to the same issue.   Anyway,  I just spent 30 minutes in a chat with a nice person that has said they escalated my case to the next level and should get a phone call within 48 hours.  I hope this is the case, as obviously this 1 camera out of 4 has a hardware issue!    Anyway,  I have a case # and hope to get it resolved sooner than later.  Like someone else said, spending $650 on a 4 camera setup and to have issues since day one without a quick resolution is not good.   

Tress66
Guide
Guide

Same EXACT problem here.  Tried everything..nothing fixing it.  Seems to be a lot of similar complaints popping up.   Netgear needs to fix this quickly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the troubleshooting steps in the original post do not work and you are still experiencing this behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Coolbreeze72
Tutor
Tutor

Got the same issue since installing my 4 camera set a week ago.  Tried all the suggested solutions and none of them work.

Just logged a ticket and have a case number.

Hope this gets resolved soon!!

Vinhray
Aspirant
Aspirant
Poor me, the same issue found with my device. Can u share me the device serial no. I suppose we can feedback this problem with NETGEAR together.
Tress66
Guide
Guide
Opened a trouble ticket with Nethear and received a replacement camera a few days later. Annoying problem, but customer service did a great job fixing it.
Jamie1366
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem two days in. Fix it will you?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamie1366,

If the troubleshooting steps in the original post do not work and you are still experiencing this behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Teepartee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. I bought the two camera set. The first one I synced works just fine but the second one goes off line sometimes only after 10 minutes. I have tried ALL the troubleshooting suggestions and still have a problem. Really like the camera that works. I bought from Amazon and have only had them for about a week. UGH!! Support team please help!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Teepartee,

It could be an issue with the location. Consider swapping the affected camera with the one that is behaving correctly to further isolate the issue. Do you get the same results?

JamesC

Teepartee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did try that already but still have the same problem.  Even put the camera right next to the base and it still goes offline.  I do have a case number so hopefully I will get some help or be able to get a working camera.  Thank you for the suggestion.

jpiette
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem today....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jpiette,

Do you see any different behavior when viewing from a different device?

JamesC

HeadRush
Initiate
Initiate

Also having the same problem, bought a 4 pack, one is faulty.

Been in contact with netgear, back and forth msg's and now getting to a point where they cant assist and i need to send them the faulty one (and pay for shipment) , i also need to pay them to send me a replacement, problem is i got the cameras from canada and am now in south africa.

the cost for paying for 2 shipments is the same price if not more than me buying 2 new cameras.

not sure what to do now...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, that just the way it works when purchasing a device in one country and using it in another.  Purchasing locally is the best way since it also provides local (same country) warranty.  There are lots of expensive devices that can be bought cheaper but are "gray market" - new equipment that was meant for another country.  The same issue pops up when you need to have it serviced - the local warranty doesn't apply so you have to ship it back to the proper country.  This has long been an issue for cameras and lenses.

Basically, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place...

HeadRush
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah I know, but only thing is that south africa only has the Arlo and not the Arlo Pro and the batteries here are expensive and the other features are lacking etc.

I wish this could be fixed via firmware upgrade, that would be great.

Jamie1366
Initiate
Initiate

Ok people... This is not a case of what country but the fact that Netgear manufactures faulty products! Come on... everyone is having the same issue...the product arrives, does work at all, you contact Netgear and they refer you to Arlo.  Netgear is of absolutely NO help!

Teepartee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually Netgear has helped me.  After doing a series of tests to determine if it was the camera or battery or my upload speed, it was determined the camera was faulty.  I worked with Netgear on line but you can call, too.  Unfortunately you do have to pay the shipping to send the camera back to them or if you want the new camera overnight it's a $30 charge.  i do have a new camera on its way to me tomorrow (I paid the $30 as I need the camera right now.)  It's also not a good sign when so many cameras are faulty.  I do love the one that works so I hope they are able to fix this common problem soon so others don't have to go thru this!  I'm also concerned about the replacement camera!  In other words, I hope it works.

jhudsonwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with 2 camera system. One works flawlessly and the other I just can't keep online, even right next to the base station.

Worked with support (great experience by the way), got sent a new camera and the new one (it was new in box) has the exact same issue, works for a bit then goes offline after 5 - 10 minutes, or after a recording. Plenty of battery. Only way to fix is to pull battery and re-insert, but can't do that every 10 minutes. Starting to think it is a firmware issue since two cameras both had the issue one in box and RMA one. Sadly with security equipment I just can't deal with it. Packing it all back up and sending it back this week to Amazon as I'm within my 14 days.

Looked like the system had progess, and overall the software was great, but if I can't keep two cameras online and the whole package cost $400 it's not worth it.

albireo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly same behavior at 1 unit out of 3. Hope this could be solved with firmware update.

nespagne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same issue with one out of my four camera.  I got the Arlo Pro

I did the following but with no luck.

1. removed the battery from the camera

2. put the battery back

3. resynced the camera to the based by putting next to it

after I did the above steps the camera blinks (fast) amber.. Based on the guide this is the issue if the camera is not close to the base when you syncing it but doesn't make sense because the camera is just next to the base when I synced it. Contacted customer support this morning and no one contacted me back yet.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue soon.. I hate to spend $650 for a unit that one of the 4 camera doesn't work. 😞

I bought this in best buy can I go there and let them replace the faulty camera?

Blurryvision
Tutor
Tutor

I had the exact same problem.  Just drove to Best Buy and exchanged the product.  Arlo support seems to be way lacking. 

New camera system works great but video feeds have a constant clicking sound.  This was present on the first camera system and I may have to take this second package back to Best Buy for another exchange.

As customers, we should not have to pay for shipping to send back a defective product to the manufacturer.