Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 Month User Update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've had the Arlo Pro for about a month now and after trial and error and fooling with almost every setting there is, everything seems to be working well.

EXCEPT............

The pro consistently records in black and white at night even without the night vision set to on.

The video is terrible and almost unrecognizable and unusable.

The video on the original Arlo stays in color and is MUCH better and not blown out in the highlights when my motion spot light comes on.

This will hopefully be fixed with a firmware update/ Otherwise it's very disappointing for night video.

4 REPLIES 4
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Looks like the Pro has a higher light threshold for when it goes back to colour mode. Unfortunately, on the balance of the lighting of the frame, it looks like things like the car are correctly exposed. Perhaps it's something the engineers can control in camera software if lots of people report the same problem

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

well it wouldn't be as much of an issue if my floodlights didn't come on.

I would prefer that threshold was closer to the original Arlo. That works flawlessly.

The main reason I opted for the Pro was the wider angle of view.

Other than that I can't really complain about the pro.

The motion sensor is also a few seconds quicker response.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DaveWoj,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC